DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 Pro weights for Drone and Batteries

Luckyguy9

Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
The Mini 4 Pro without batteries weighs 172 grams.
With the regular battery (labeled 249g) at 76 grams, the drone + battery = 248 grams.
With the Plus battery (no label) at 118 grams, the drone + battery = 290 grams

Last edited:
Reactions: JimSteadman
With the regular battery (labeled 249g) at 76 grams, the drone + battery = 248 grams.
With the Plus battery (no label) at 118 grams, the drone + battery = 190 grams
I think you mean 290g not 190g.

Sorry but the std battery for the mini 3 series is NOT the same as the std battery for the mini 4 series. From their manuals the former is 80.5g & 2453 mAh the latter 78g & 2590 mAh.
You are quite correct! I did not know that there were 2 different standard batteries. And according to what I read, the mini 4 pro will actually be over 249g with a standard mini 3 battery. Fortunately, I have one of each so I will weigh and report back...
Update:
Confirmed. My mini 4 pro weighs 249g with the standard battery it came with and 251g with the standard battery that came with my mini 3.
Definitely a heavy mini.

Last edited:
You are quite correct! I did not know that there were 2 different standard batteries. And according to what I read, the mini 4 pro will actually be over 249g with a standard mini 3 battery. Fortunately, I have one of each so I will weigh and report back...
Update:
Confirmed. My mini 4 pro weighs 249g with the standard battery it came with and 251g with the standard battery that came with my mini 3.
Definitely a heavy mini.
Theoretically, if you added a helium balloon down below, pushing up, that removed 2 g, would it make it legal to fly without a license? Inquiring minds want to know.

Theoretically, if you added a helium balloon down below, pushing up, that removed 2 g, would it make it legal to fly without a license? Inquiring minds want to know.
Lol, it would only add to mass (not the weight) so technically it would be even more grams.

and the volume of the balloon needed, 1.9l ?, would greatly increase the "sail area" of the drone and its susceptibility to wind.

Last edited:
I can use the forum info and my Mini 4 Pro with assortment of batteries to calibrate all my scales in the house...
Sometimes living in Africa has its advantages, I might experience 4 hour grid power cuts at times but I do not need to worry about a few extra grams on my Mini's, nor a 120m height restriction or inability to set 'continue mission when RC signal lost' in waypoint modes.
My kitchen scale reports 253g with Mini 4 Pro and Mini 3 standard battery.

With the Plus battery (no label) at 118 grams, the drone + battery = 290 grams
That's not what I'm reading. I read with the standard flight intelligent batteries, it's 249g.

Just out of interest, how strict is the 250g limit? If a stobe light was stuck on a mini 4 pro, that took it to a couple of grams over the 250g, would that be a life-in-prison type offence? Surely, even one of those skins you can get could take it just over 250g. If it is that strict, it's a shame they didn't get it down to say 240g with a standard battery, just to allow some room to play. Maybe I'd just have to take the Operator ID sticker off to compensate :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR