DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini included in DJI Trade Up offer of Fall 2020

And how does that compare to prices on the 2nd market?
Not terribly well. I sold my Mini with one extra battery, with the charging dome, no case for $300. I had a third battery but hung onto it to add a fourth for the Mini2. DJI had offered me only $220 for the same setup. It’s not unreasonable to expect to get AT LEAST $300 for a complete fly more.

Good info to know. I have a MM FMC like new and have had it on the market here and other places but all I am getting is nonsense low ball offers or people telling me how overly priced I have it listed for ($390, which seems fair). Does anyone have suggestions where a good place to list and sell is? Trying to avoid fee-heavy places like eBay, etc. Thank you!

Sell it for $350 and be done with it. Around here, that’s top dollar. That’s what I’m going to ask for my MM combo.

Reactions: TerKelDing
FWIW I sold mine on Craigs List, luckily by a guy that just lives one town over. I think I just got lucky and I think the timing was good as I got it listed fairly early. I don't think time is on the side of those waiting to sell their Mini 1's, but the price bump for the Mini 2's can help a bit, especially for the Fly More kits.

I got pretty lucky with my upgrade to the M2, bought the MM in October and flew it for 51 total minutes then read about the M2 coming out. Picked up the MM on sale during Amazon Prime day for $499 CDN (reg price $649) with the Fly More combo, then sold it for $500 2 weeks later. Works out to around $380 USD. Only cost I was out was the DJI Care Refresh cost which was $50. the M2 FMC was $749 plus tax (5%).

FWIW I sold mine on Craigs List, luckily by a guy that just lives one town over. I think I just got lucky and I think the timing was good as I got it listed fairly early. I don't think time is on the side of those waiting to sell their Mini 1's, but the price bump for the Mini 2's can help a bit, especially for the Fly More kits.
What did it sell for and how long did it take? Thanks.

Sell it for $350 and be done with it. Around here, that’s top dollar. That’s what I’m going to ask for my MM combo.
I probably would take $350 for it but I didn't want to list that price since people tend to want to make offers - but these stupid $200 offers are ridiculous. Do they actually think you will take so little for a full FMC in like new condition? I also have a brand new MA2 FMC, unopened (which I have decided to keep) and had offers of $550 - $600... plus a whole lot of people arguing about why I should sell is for hundreds less than retail, in spite of it being brand new. Oh, and these 'experts' were not actually interested, they were just wanting to show their brilliant negotiating skills or something. I realize, either of these would sell for less than retail, even the brand new MA2, but seriously... Anyway, if there are any serious people looking for a good deal on a mini... Thank you for your comment too!

I think there are some people trying to make or supplement their income by making extreme low ball offers on pretty much any new listing on Craigslist. They’re nothing but an annoyance. You’d probably see your MM listed for top dollar in about a week.

Reactions: TerKelDing
I think there are some people trying to make or supplement their income by making extreme low ball offers on pretty much any new listing on Craigslist. They’re nothing but an annoyance. You’d probably see your MM listed for top dollar in about a week.
That makes sense too. I'd imagine you could occasionally stumble on that desperation sale and snag one cheap then turn it around. It would just be nice though, for people who comment on posted listings are actually interested parties and not just some goof ball preaching about their opinions on values, further confusing the whole process.

That makes sense too. I'd imagine you could occasionally stumble on that desperation sale and snag one cheap then turn it around. It would just be nice though, for people who comment on posted listings are actually interested parties and not just some goof ball preaching about their opinions on values, further confusing the whole process.
??

Good info to know. I have a MM FMC like new and have had it on the market here and other places but all I am getting is nonsense low ball offers or people telling me how overly priced I have it listed for ($390, which seems fair). Does anyone have suggestions where a good place to list and sell is? Trying to avoid fee-heavy places like eBay, etc. Thank you!
You might try Offer Up, it's a phone app Selling service. You can sell it to your Local market or agree to ship for a National market.
If you sell it outside your Local market and agree to ship it, Offer Up furnishes a Shipping Label that the Buyer pays for and charges a 12% fee off the Sellng Price for themselves. A little batter than eBay percentage-wise and no Shipping expense for the Seller.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb