DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini iPad Question

No problems. You can tether to the iPhone if you need to have internet access whilst flying your drone.

I get that..... my question is still.... can I use the maps ie Google Maps on the iPad mini. Without having to dowload maps Prior to flying the Mavc... as in will theiPad mini use my phone to run Google Maps live ?? OR do I have to buy the WiFi - cellular I able AND a SIM card to make the maps work.?

I get that..... my question is still.... can I use the maps ie Google Maps on the iPad mini. Without having to dowload maps Prior to flying the Mavc... as in will theiPad mini use my phone to run Google Maps live ?? OR do I have to buy the WiFi - cellular I able AND a SIM card to make the maps work.?

if you have internet access to the ipad or any wi fi device you get maps , you can set any cellphone up as a hotspot, connect the tablet to the hotspot and you are good to go.
IF you get a cellular tablet, it might only add $10 or so to your cell bill to get a sim and run it.

if you have internet access to the ipad or any wi fi device you get maps , you can set any cellphone up as a hotspot, connect the tablet to the hotspot and you are good to go.
IF you get a cellular tablet, it might only add $10 or so to your cell bill to get a sim and run it.
Thank you... that’s what i wanted to know... can’t see a reason to buy a more expensive device AND add another 10$ to the phone bill that I don’t need..... off to Bestbuy tomorrow then.... thanks again

Thank you... that’s what i wanted to know... can’t see a reason to buy a more expensive device AND add another 10$ to the phone bill that I don’t need..... off to Bestbuy tomorrow then.... thanks again
But that’s what you’ll have to do...

The iPad Mini 2 has processing issues and would overheat and hang when I used it for Phantom 3 pro where it would be total frozen. Id use the HDMI output with a monitor as back up for this. Using it on my Phantom 4 Pro v2 works ok and doesnt overheat as much or hang. For my Mavic P2 it had terible live feed lag until I set the feed to lower resolution live feed, and now it work fine so far. Ive not tried it yet for some longer flights over 8min , so lets see.

The iPad Mini 2 has processing issues and would overheat and hang when I used it for Phantom 3 pro where it would be total frozen. Id use the HDMI output with a monitor as back up for this. Using it on my Phantom 4 Pro v2 works ok and doesnt overheat as much or hang. For my Mavic P2 it had terible live feed lag until I set the feed to lower resolution live feed, and now it work fine so far. Ive not tried it yet for some longer flights over 8min , so lets see.

The vast majority of feedback regarding this topic that I have seen recommends the iPad Mini 4. The good news is that the price of used iPad Mini 4s will drop early next year when the Mini 5 is released. The Mini 2 lacks the processing power required to adequately render the live video feed.

The vast majority of feedback regarding this topic that I have seen recommends the iPad Mini 4. The good news is that the price of used iPad Mini 4s will drop early next year when the Mini 5 is released. The Mini 2 lacks the processing power required to adequately render the live video feed.
I am fully aware of that, and not contesting if you have a choice its certainly better to go for a Mini 4. My post is aimed at offering some input of actual experience with using the Mini 2 in case some may already have an iPad Mini 2. I had also thought of ditching the mini 2 when I had issues with the P3P , but manage to get by using the HDMI output and external monitor. When I found it works fine with the P4Pv2 and MavicPv2 at a low resolution feed, I cant see any need to update to a Mini 4 , since this is the only application Ill likely ever use an Apple device for. So if you arleady have a iPad Mini 2 , it will work just fine if you set it up right.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1