DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Newbie

Thanks @Felix le Chat
Rajasthan is where I am currently based. Agree with what you say about the way things work here. And yes, it is all rather draconian. Despite the majority of hobbyist drone pilots being "law abiding", I have come across numerous videos on YouTube, where some jokers are publicly flying over the 120m altitude limit in green zones, near airports, simply for publicity and views. This is a recipe for disaster and it would be least surprising that regulations become more stringent because of these muppets.

I find it rather amusing that the government has banned the import of "foreign" drones. DJI, specifically, is unable to setup shop in the country but most governmental organisations are using DJI. I have witnessed first-hand the Central Reserve Police Force use DJI. Because I am regularly in touch with a number of Forest Departments (as well as researchers), I know they are using DJI drones. The hypocrisy, gosh.
Very best wishes. Perhaps contacts in the forestry and wildlife departments might give you an 'in' that a casual user or a foreigner might never be able to access? Worth a shot. I know myself that in many cases, who you know trumps what you know.

Reactions: LoudThunder

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weblloyd