DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini not stable when hovering

I had to use VPS on my M2 at an expo last year and at a large storage room where I worked. I found it quite stable. But we digress since this topic is about the mini. There's no turning off VPS on the Mini at this time. It also doesn't have precision landing.

I am facing a very similar issue . This is a brand new mini which was rock stable stable for about a week after I opened it . Now it keeps moving a few centimetres - in all directions .
  1. No Crashes or hard landings so far
  2. No Visible issues with the propellers
  3. No dirt or deposits visible on the VPS sensors
  4. IMU Calibration done; Compass Calibration done .
  5. GPS visibility is pretty good . 17 Satellite lock ; Daylight . Overcast but it was 11 AM .
  6. I am testing over the same surface over which the mini was rock stable for the first 5 days .
  7. Did a firmware refresh - I was on 1.000.5. So it was just a refresh . No luck
Any ideas folks .
Thank you

I am facing a very similar issue . This is a brand new mini which was rock stable stable for about a week after I opened it . Now it keeps moving a few centimetres - in all directions .
  1. No Crashes or hard landings so far
  2. No Visible issues with the propellers
  3. No dirt or deposits visible on the VPS sensors
  4. IMU Calibration done; Compass Calibration done .
  5. GPS visibility is pretty good . 17 Satellite lock ; Daylight . Overcast but it was 11 AM .
  6. I am testing over the same surface over which the mini was rock stable for the first 5 days .
  7. Did a firmware refresh - I was on 1.000.5. So it was just a refresh . No luck
Any ideas folks .
Thank you

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully, someone will have an idea but:

You might want to post your log files. There's a sticky in the forum on how to do that.

After 8 flights my Mini is not stable anymore when hovering. I was flying it in a big interference zone and i noticed that is not stable in hover, it have a little side to side balance so i land it. Then i take off again and i keep it in front of me at 2m high to observe it. And it went slowly up and down and on sides, not much, some centimeters.The outside temperature was more than 10C. I did the IMU and compass calibrations, i tried after, the same. I changed the place, i have recalibrate, nothing, i went indoor, recalibrate, nothing, Can you please help me?
All I can say is my Mini needs Compass and IMU calibration often. Behaves like a champ. I fly the mini more than my Mav2. Its just more fun unless flying beaches. Then I use the 2 because handles wind way better.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LBRO