DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Pro4, batteries self discharge rate?

SirMichael

Reactions
I have a Mini Pro-4 that I bought this spring. After running it, I'll recharge and then put it away for the next time. The last time I ran it was about 2 weeks ago, and all 3 of the batteries were down to about 50%. The headset & RC2 are OK, it's just the drone batteries.

Is this normal?

Sir Michael

They self-discharge to storage level on purpose after a week to avoid the accelerated degradation of being kept fully charged for long periods, so yes. It's explained in your manual.

You're right, I found it there in the "Battery Features" on page 64.

Looks like I need to spend more time in the manual...

Thanks,
Sir Michael

I have a Mini Pro-4 that I bought this spring. After running it, I'll recharge and then put it away for the next time. The last time I ran it was about 2 weeks ago, and all 3 of the batteries were down to about 50%. The headset & RC2 are OK, it's just the drone batteries.

Is this normal?

Sir Michael
Perfectly normal, they'll drop to around 60% and hang there happily for quite a long period of time. Just remember to boost them up to full-fizz before you try to fly again, I've noticed that the cells in partially depleted flight batteries tend to be unbalanced which impacts on how they discharge under load (a lot quicker than you think)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cubesinfotech