DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini problems after update- so slow. Shows restricted zone

I was asked for flight logs as well and have heard nothing now since I sent them this morning. I saw somewhere that a calibration of the controller cured the speed issue so I tried it but it didn’t work.

I keep getting asked for different stuff. Now he wants all my flight records. I don't think he quite understands that this is a bigger issue than just me. The previous flysafe version (which I still have on my iPhone) works fine. The new one that we got the other day (which I have on my Android) does not. For some reason, the new version treats a large area of Ontario as a restricted area around Downsview Airport. How hard can that be to fix? On DJI's GEO map the restricted area for Downsview is just a small zone so they just have to fix the disconnect between their map and the flysafe app. There is very little substance to the e-mails they send. Half of it is just reminding us to wash our hands to fight covid, blah, blah, blah.

That's frustrating. This really does seem like something related to this norad fighter jet training in the area tomorrow. I feel like they got the time frame wrong on the restricted zone for downsview.

I'm dealing with a guy named Warren.Wang. Does anybody have other names for their contacts? Hopefully we're not in a situation where the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
Hi guys yeah I just got asked to sync my data and the flight logs. I have been dealing with viki, hopefully this is something simple.

I did an update yesterday and I got the same zone restriction message. It was also in an eastern accent. Chinese sounding. When I click on the restriction warning it gives me two option in Chinese I think. DownsView is the zone I’m supposed to me near. But I’m at least 80km from there in Georgetown Ontario

Reactions: Stryder
It's ironic but I have just the exact issue since applying the new update. Before the new update I rcvd. the msg. of flying in a restricted area and I had to check off something like 4 boxes basically saying that I knew I was flying in a restricted area. This would happen every time I changed a battery or home base. Now it rarely asks me and I am still flying in the same area.

This appears to have resolved for me. Logged out of the app, logged back in, and now no nag about restricted area. Will do a test flight today to confirm speeds are back to normal.

Reactions: pompous_plurality
So maybe this was all due to some NORAD restrictions? I hate DJI heavy handed geofencing restrictions. We are far out of that airspace. This could be my last DJI, Autel looking better and better.
No, it was clearly a mistake. There was no actual Notice to Airmen restricting operations. DJI fixed it relatively quickly and it was fixed before the NORAD training this morning.

I must say, I saw alot of bad reviews of the urban range of the MM before I bought it, but I have the FCC model and in my city, which is a big capital city, I can very easily pass the 1000m mark with a very solid signal, but line of sight is very very important, as soon as a tree gets in the way the signal drops as far as 200m.
I've had no problems with range but I have also not update last 2 times..hmm. I think I'm staying where I am now

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk