DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini SE rough motor

zaldy

Reactions
Hello fellow pilots.. can you guys help me.. I fly Mini SE

This morning i flown and recording some cityscape.. the flight itself is okay without any incident.. it is all normal, takeoff, and land normal..

but as i come home and charge batteries, transfer footage, clean the drone, i notice the left-back motor is rough to turn by hand... usually all motor can easily spin by hand.. but this aft left motor is encountering some resistance.. hence not easily spin by hand..

i did not notice anything wrong with earlier mission, nor any motor sound that abnormal (maybe because i flown in the middle of city, i cant hear detailed motor sound)

and im not yet try to fly or turn on the drone, as im writing this thread, the battery is still charging..

i attached TXT and DAT files, maybe you guys can help analyze if theres something wrong with that motor

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2021-10-11_[09-20-41].txt
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • 2021-10-11_09-32-09_FLY057.DAT
    8.7 MB · Views: 1
  • DJIFlightRecord_2021-10-11_[09-32-40].txt
    3 MB · Views: 3
  • 2021-10-11_09-19-37_FLY056.DAT
    4.6 MB · Views: 2
Should spin freely by hand. Probably some dust or debris. You could try to blow it out with compressor or just other source of air. Also check interference between motor and leg. If nothing helps. Could be motor bearing problem. Motor should be replaced in this case.

Nothing out of the ordinary is seen from that motor in the DAT log you've attached ...

All 4 motors are commanded by the FC in a similar & logical way, nothing abnormal is seen out from the RPM's either. And the current draw is similar for all 4 motors also ... this would other wise be a clear signal of a hard to turn motor. No "not enough force" error flags are seen in the log either.

Nothing out of the ordinary is seen from that motor in the DAT log you've attached ...

All 4 motors are commanded by the FC in a similar & logical way, nothing abnormal is seen out from the RPM's either. And the current draw is similar for all 4 motors also ... this would other wise be a clear signal of a hard to turn motor. No "not enough force" error flags are seen in the log either.
Thank you..

Following this afternoon, after my batteries fully charge, i test arming the motor, and hovers a bit..

I'm not seeing any abnormal sign either.. all motor spin with equal RPM, the aircraft hovers and roll just fine... Prop sound normal..

After land, i try to hand spin that motor, and it is back to normal! Dang! Maybe just some debris.. hopefully the motor are fine in long term..

Im using landing skids, to gain enough clearance from motor to ground..but maybe some debris got way into the motor..

Thanks

I have a habit to check motors periodically. And couple times It was necessary to blow out few debris out to make motors rotate freely.

I have a habit to check motors periodically. And couple times It was necessary to blow out few debris out to make motors rotate freely.
I usually clean up the aircraft after i arrive at home.. at the time i wrote this thread (and subsequent reply above) i still at office.. and all i can do is blowing air with my mouth..

Now im home, i immediatly clean those motors with that camera air blower thing (the one that pumped by hand)

I usually clean up the aircraft after i arrive at home.. at the time i wrote this thread (and subsequent reply above) i still at office.. and all i can do is blowing air with my mouth..

Now im home, i immediatly clean those motors with that camera air blower thing (the one that pumped by hand)
Aldi sell a very good, budget air compressor for air brush painting. Worth every cent at around $70

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xyggi