DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini2 software or firmware issue or both?

Ddjmrql

Reactions
I flew the mini2 again today to find out what causes the gimbal to become unstable on quick shot boomerang mode. What do you think cause this issue?

If the only thing that changed was the parameters for the gimbal settings, then I would say it's a software issue of setting the gimbal outside of threshold for the moves the quickshot does.

What exact parameters were adjusted? (from what to what).

In normal mode: Pitch speed from default (15) to 8. Pitch smoothness from default (10) to 12
Yaw speed default (60) to 14 and Yaw smoothness default (4) to 6. These changes resulted in QS boomerang gimbal instability. Reverting back to default setting cause the gimbal to be stable again. Should I re-install the fly app or is it a software “bug”? Can you try it on your mm2 and see if you can duplicate it?

Last edited:
In normal mode: Pitch speed from default (15) to 8. Pitch smoothness from default (10) to 12
Yaw speed default (60) to 14 and Yaw smoothness default (4) to 6. These changes resulted in QS boomerang gimbal instability. Reverting back to default setting cause the gimbal to be stable again. Should I re-install the fly app or is it a software “bug”? Can you try it on your mm2 and see if you can duplicate it?
If you haven’t already you should report this on the DJI forum

Reactions: Ddjmrql and WooZie
I think I figured out what is happening with the mini 2 gimbal if you change the yaw speed in the advanced gimbal settings.

It doesn't matter if you are in N mode, cine mode, or sports mode. If you change the yaw speed below 20 it will cause the gimbal to become unstable during the quick shot mode (circle, helix, boomerang).

Keeping it to 20 and above will maintain gimbal stability.

I hope DJI can fix this in the next update. I suggest that DJI make user yaw speed changes to be independent from the automated baked in quick shot parameters.

The above issue is replicable. Give it a try.

Attachments

• IMG_4350.jpg
    IMG_4350.jpg
    518.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4351.jpg
    IMG_4351.jpg
    524 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Reactions: TDZHDTV
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads