DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MINI3 PRO new images

Still no confirmation of sensor size. Initially it was rumored to be .78 inch with later rumors mentioning that it could have up to a 1" sensor.

The three things in the video that stand out about the camera is a f1.7 Aperture for better low light performance, 20 megapixels bringing better photo resolution and help with digital zoom, plus 4X optical zoom which would be amazing on drone of this size.

I would be dubious about the inclusion of 4X optical zoom as this is technology which hasn't even shown up on the larger DJI drones yet. The Mavic 3 has 7X but that is actually a fixed Tele lens not a zoom lens. Its just as likely that this is a typo referring to 4X digital zoom

My guess is that the stand, base package will have a phone-connect controller, and what you saw in the pics is the Mini version of an SC. More important to me, will either version of this be compatible with the RC Pro?
That would make sense.

I guess we'll see!

Thx,

MM

The Minis that don't say DJI RC will have a regular RC, the ones that say DJI RC include the RC in these pictues. It will be $314 more according to Chinese leaked prices

DJI Mini 3 pricing​

Interesting.

Quite a jump between the base models and the Fly More Combos. I wonder what that's about?

Thx,

MM

The Minis that don't say DJI RC will have a regular RC, the ones that say DJI RC include the RC in these pictues. It will be $314 more according to Chinese leaked prices

DJI Mini 3 pricing​

So 314$ how did you come to that conclusion ? My guess 1256-942 = 314
  • DJI Mini 3 Pro Fly More Combo $942 ( FMC )
  • DJI Mini 3 Pro + DJI RC $1,256 ( Dji Mini 3 Pro + Dji RC) What about the the FMC kit ? is that included ? If so it sounds very cheap for the DJI RC with a built in screen. (The RC Pro for MA2s and M3 cost $1199)
I hope you are right it would be a bargain... you got the whole premium package for almost the same price as RC Pro

Interesting vid.

One of the things on the spec sheet was that it said the Mini-3 was capable of FPV operation.

I wonder if that just means the baby-FPV mode that all the Minis have had, or whether I'll be able to strap on a set of True Blu DJI goggles and have them work properly?

Does anyone have any information about this specifically?

Thx,

MM

So 314$ how did you come to that conclusion ? My guess 1256-942 = 314
  • DJI Mini 3 Pro Fly More Combo $942 ( FMC )
  • DJI Mini 3 Pro + DJI RC $1,256 ( Dji Mini 3 Pro + Dji RC) What about the the FMC kit ? is that included ? If so it sounds very cheap for the DJI RC with a built in screen. (The RC Pro for MA2s and M3 cost $1199)
I hope you are right it would be a bargain... you got the whole premium package for almost the same price as RC Pro
Correct, and $1099-$785= $314 too for the non Pro Mini.
Remember the Air 2S FMC is $1299 but with the RC Pro is $1799, that's $500 for the more sophisticated RC Pro (compare with the one in the Mini 3)

Last edited:
I put one up asking people to guess when they think the Mini-3 will be released.

I said June.

MM
Actually, it seems to have vanished...

The question seems to have migrated to the Mini-3 forums, but the poll didn't come with it.

This is probably the right place for it, but for some reason I can't see how to post a poll in anything other than the "General Discussions" category. Probably pilot error of some kind on my part.

Sorry about that!

MM

Reactions: EliteBleader
the final photo will have less noise. colors and detail, on zoom, will be better.
Look at it this way to best understand:
imagine you compare two sensors, each with 10 Megapixels.
one sensor has twice the surface area.
Each pixel gets twice as much light photons on the bigger sensor=better digital data for photo.

Reactions: test2000Anafi
SECOND ADVANTAGE:
let's say you want a certain pixel size, for example 100 micron x 100 micron.
You could put twice as many such pixels on the BIG sensor described in previous post.
So instead of 10 megapixels, you could have a 20 megapixel sensor: Sharper image, more details, more zoomable.

I agree but still, sensor advances and computational photography trump pixel size. An extreme example would be what is better a full frame sensor, or a phone sensor?

Now imagine the full frame sensor being a 2004 Nikon and the phone sensor a 2021 iPhone 13 Pro Sony sensor.

Which sensor will have more dynamic range, better Color reproduction, more light sensitivity and what not? It is not the full frame I can tell you.

So in conclusion, it is entirely possible that a half inch state of the art 2022 sensor in mini 3 pro will have better image quality then a 1 inch sensor as used in the 2018 mavic pro 2.

The mavic 2 pro is considered to have excellent image quality so would it matter if a sensor is smaller if it can achieve the same image quality?

I look first at the picture and video quality before I care about sensor size.

Reactions: Wreckhunter
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky