DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini3P antennae improvements

Bodged in some real antenna
Well done well, I think I will put two female SMAs where I can install different antennas and I think I will also modify the original antennas with male SMA so that I can install them externally to the DJI RC.

I'm taking the DJI RC to the office on Monday and let's see.

I have found these antennas sold separately (at 1/3 or the price of full remote though :) ) on eBay. ( Remote control Antenna signal pole for DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Repair | eBay )

Bought 1 set for the similar experiment. Kudos to the author of this thread. Will appreciate further analysis of the result it terms of range.
In non-FCC countries having downgraded antennas is very disappointing. And it is unlikely that new remote will be hacked any time soon do increase power. Mini2 is definitely winning here ))

Reactions: Gary R and SpinItUp
So today I've done the modification of my DJI RC. Now I have to check the stock antennas. I think I will modify with an SMA.

Can you recommend any relatively compact though efficient pole antennas for 2.4/5.8 with SMA connector? I was thinking about “native” mavic2 antennas as they are obviously tuned for those frequencies. But would appreciate your advice of better options.

Can you recommend any relatively compact though efficient pole antennas for 2.4/5.8 with SMA connector? I was thinking about “native” mavic2 antennas as they are obviously tuned for those frequencies. But would appreciate your advice of better options.
I tested this kind of antenna and is really 8dBi better then the 2.0 about of the stock antennas.

I also tested this one, but is not really like they say.

Attachments

• IMG_20210727_070956-01.jpeg
    IMG_20210727_070956-01.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 64
Reactions: DienoX and Pulp26
So today I've done the modification of my DJI RC. Now I have to check the stock antennas. I think I will modify with an SMA.
Excellent,,, Can you post more pics of the internal after mod ? Also the front...
Were you able to install without having to cut into the oppisite side for the antenna holes ?

Bought 1 set for the similar experiment. Kudos to the author of this thread. Will appreciate further analysis of the result it terms of range.
It's not range I'm really after it's a stable connection but I've found it to completely eliminate the video and signal loss with the stock antennae in my location (I don't get out much and use it mainly for roof inspection & checking out the neighborhood when I get bored/a bit of pleasure)

To give some tests in the distance I did, I found that I got about the same distance in the same location with my mavic and mavic2zoom where the signal would become dodgy and force me to return. I stress that this is from a back garden in the lowest part of the surrounding landscape so most certainly being bombarded with radio/wireless interference from all directions

Last edited:
I tested this kind of antenna and is really 8dBi better then the 2.0 about of the stock antennas.

Do you mean stock foldable antennas from Mavis2pro remote give only 2 dbi gain? That's weird.
I don't have VNA for 5.8Ghz range, so I totally rely on your data ))

It's not range I'm really after it's a stable connection but I've found it to completely eliminate the video and signal loss with the stock antennae in my location (I don't get out much and use it mainly for roof inspection & checking out the neighborhood when I get bored/a bit of pleasure)

To give some tests in the distance I did, I found that I got about the same distance in the same location with my mavic and mavic2zoom where the signal would become dodgy and force me to return. I stress that this is from a back garden in the lowest part of the surrounding landscape so most certainly being bombarded with radio/wireless interference from all directions

I never go further than 2km away. But having reliable and interference-proof connection usually means longer range as well ))
Thank you for your experiment. Will definitely follow once I have antennas on hands.

Come to think of it the issue may be the box-like directional design of the stock antenna. Picking up everything from surrounding houses all at once. The RC1 semi-directional aerial is much more suited to my environment and is why there have been mixed results from owners.

Come to think of it the issue may be the box-like directional design of the stock antenna. Picking up everything from surrounding houses all at once. The RC1 semi-directional aerial is much more suited to my environment and is why there have been mixed results from owners.
Ah that might be the cause!!

Do you mean stock foldable antennas from Mavis2pro remote give only 2 dbi gain? That's weird.
I don't have VNA for 5.8Ghz range, so I totally rely on your data ))
The C2 radiocontroller ( FCC ID SS3-RC1B1809 C2 (Remote Controller) by SZ DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD ) the antenna gain should be written here. When I go back to home I take an eye. About 2dBi should be at 2.4GHz. Something more at 5.8GHz.

Excellent,,, Can you post more pics of the internal after mod ? Also the front...
Were you able to install without having to cut into the oppisite side for the antenna holes ?
The photos are taken from the video

Attachments

• 20220607114019.jpg
    20220607114019.jpg
    475.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 20220607114131.jpg
    20220607114131.jpg
    462.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 20220607113911.jpg
    20220607113911.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 20220607114116.jpg