DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini3Pro fw Update (DJI RC)

SpinItUp

Reactions
Screenshot_20221026-052211.pngScreenshot_20221026-052219.png

Guess it kinda sux to be in the USofA right now with a m3p (or anything else with RID)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sharpness & NR...hmmm:D!

Screenshot_20221026-053553.png

Last edited:
Reactions: rcanboy27
iPhone App updated too. Says “Adds support for Enhanced Transmission on DJI Mini 3 Pro” - anybody know what that means? Remote ID, perhaps?

Attachments

• EF3394B9-6B9D-4ED8-B26F-9ED29ECB503A.png
    EF3394B9-6B9D-4ED8-B26F-9ED29ECB503A.png
    809 KB · Views: 16
I'm wondering if this means we won't need anything else for remote ID in the U.S.A.
If using a Mini 3 Pro, Air 2S or any other on their list. Yes it means it'll be natively supporting Remote ID.
Course if you're like me using Drone-hack, won't have Remote ID unless they figure a way to exploit the most recent firmware while having the option to retain Remote ID. (because the hack itself isn't illegal, but flying in most places without RID enabled would be after Sept 2023)

1 Gigabyte update? Are the previous firmwares that big? Battery might run down by that time and then uploading the new firmware. Sounds like risky business.

Nothing risky about it at all.
Entire process took well under 10 minutes including both batteries.

Reactions: karlblessing
1 Gigabyte update? Are the previous firmwares that big? Battery might run down by that time and then uploading the new firmware. Sounds like risky business.
Air 2s on average was around 700mb to my recollection, likewise the mini 2 being around 400-500 ish.

The drones can transfer several times more than that in less time in terms of just footage. Should avoid updating if you only have 20% battery left though.

Not really, i did mine on 4g using mobile data.

If you're struggling just use DJI assistant that can download the firmware before connecting the drone (and keep it powered during the flash)

I'm wondering if this means we won't need anything else for remote ID in the U.S.A.
RID capability for M3P is already there. It just needed a firmware upgrade like this one. Alien Drones just reviewed an add-on module that costs 300 pounds which is about $350. But it does include the ability to track using cellular technology.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard