DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Minimum battery charge threshold for take off, has it been increased?

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

I had the impression it was previously 20% but I just wanted to do a motor speed check flight for a stickless take off and hover indoors and it wouldn't take off. There was a warning message the the battery needed recharging, the battery was at 23%.

Reactions: TreeHugger
Yes it has been changed, also battery indicator is now red at 30%. Haven't tried taking off at such low battery. I usually RTH at 20%

I did think think the warning threshold had been increased but wasn't so certain of it.

Did it happen with an update? I put 1.0.05 on yesterday but can't remember when I noticed the 30% warning though I have an impression it was before the update but I dont see how that could be as I do not normally have the screen's wifi active. 30& is a bit high IMO, it would be better if they spent their time changing the backgrounds for such numbers so that we can see them.

i find it quite interesting the amount of posts where people are complaining about settings ,in respect of the batteries abilities to fly the drone at very low voltages ,running batteries down to low cell voltages is one of the ways to shorten their life span ,and if you take off with a very low battery you are just adding to problem as the battery reaches a low charge it struggles to handle the higher current loads that the ESC s place on the cells when being asked to provide more power for climbing or flying fast those few extra minutes of flight time when the battery is low just put an extra strain on their ability to work as they should ,i would rather sacrifice a couple of minutes flight time ,and keep my batteries working for as long as they can

I did think think the warning threshold had been increased but wasn't so certain of it.

Did it happen with an update? I put 1.0.05 on yesterday but can't remember when I noticed the 30% warning though I have an impression it was before the update but I dont see how that could be as I do not normally have the screen's wifi active. 30& is a bit high IMO, it would be better if they spent their time changing the backgrounds for such numbers so that we can see them.
The low battery warning is still appearing at 20% Only indicator is turning red at 30%. But I 100% agree with old man mavic. One shouldn't fly at such low battery voltage anyway. Next time you fly try tapping the battery at the beginning of the flight and then again at the end. You'll see the battery going from 4.2v to 3.7v. Maybe just get another battery. I have 4 batteries and it's sufficient for even long sessions. :)

Reactions: old man mavic
If it had been a proper flight then yes indeed I would have used a full battery. But this was intended to be an automated lift off followed by a 1 or so minute hover and an automated descent, all indoors in still air to get data for a motor speed / prop check.
Anyhow, thanks for the warnings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S