DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Minimum spec iphone to use with Mavic Pro

MADave

Reactions
Hi a quick question for all of you experienced Mavic owners. What is the minimum specification iPhone that will fly the Mavic pro reliably. Reason for asking is that I picked up a little bit Pro yesterday and straight away experienced some disconnection issues and slow charging messages appearing on my phone etc which is an Android. I understand that there can be problems with cables with the type c USB connections and with memory cards but most of these seem to be restricted to people using Android devices. Whilst I'd like to stay with Android as I have both my main phone and tablet running that operating system if necessary I would consider buying cheap iPhone to use as a dedicated methods of flying. Thanks

Hi a quick question for all of you experienced Mavic owners. What is the minimum specification iPhone that will fly the Mavic pro reliably. Reason for asking is that I picked up a little bit Pro yesterday and straight away experienced some disconnection issues and slow charging messages appearing on my phone etc which is an Android. I understand that there can be problems with cables with the type c USB connections and with memory cards but most of these seem to be restricted to people using Android devices. Whilst I'd like to stay with Android as I have both my main phone and tablet running that operating system if necessary I would consider buying cheap iPhone to use as a dedicated methods of flying. Thanks
I don't think there is a cheap iPhone, only a second hand one maybe.

iPad would be better choice unless you just want to make calls. And you can tether from Android to your iPad.

Want a screen which iPads come with Retina displays and being able to see in broad daylight is great.

Ipad Mini 4 is the minimum to use with the DJI Go4 app

I would consider buying cheap iPhone to use as a dedicated methods of flying

The latest GO4 4.37 runs on these devices

iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone SE, iPad Pro, iPad, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 5

I don't think there is a cheap iPhone, only a second hand one maybe.

iPad would be better choice unless you just want to make calls. And you can tether from Android to your iPad.

Want a screen which iPads come with Retina displays and being able to see in broad daylight is great.

Thanks very much can I ask would an iPad mini 1st generation 16GB Wi-Fi only work. You'll have to forgive me as I have Never Owned an Apple device in my life!

Thanks very much can I ask would an iPad mini 1st generation 16GB Wi-Fi only work. You'll have to forgive me as I have Never Owned an Apple device in my life!

The only Ipad Mini's that will work with DJI Go4 are the 4 and 5 models, unfortunately there is not a cheap way out.

Reactions: BossBob
Had same problem with my Motorola. G6 plus android 9 on both my MP and my 2 Sparks. Accidentally, i saw there we're 2 updates on dji go 4 in march and may, the time my problems started.
So i did a downgrade to 4.3.14 and everything is fijne now.

From Apple App Store in regards to DJI Go 4 app, device must run iOS 10 or higher, that puts you at anything iPhone 5S or newer, iPad Mini 2 or newer. Not sure how well it would work with an iPhone 5S (and screen is pretty small) but I used an iPhone 7 forever, I also use an iPad Mini 2 with zero issues. I also use an Amazon Fire HD 8 from 2016 with zero issues, just on an older version of Go 4. Amazon just dropped a new Fire HD 8 plus with 3GB of RAM that could may work with the current version of Go 4, not sure.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada