DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Minnesota - Where CAN we fly?

I found one thing in my search:

While Minneapolis and St. Paul do not allow flying (i.e. take off, landing, operating) within a park, I have been unable to find anything forbidding drone activity in Apple Valley and Burnsville. So parks within those two city limits may be a possibility.

(I searched both the "legalese" city ordinances and the park rules - Apple Valley had a mention of drones in some meeting minutes, but I found no result from the meeting, and Burnsville only states that drone operators must follow FAA guidelines).

I found one thing in my search:

While Minneapolis and St. Paul do not allow flying (i.e. take off, landing, operating) within a park, I have been unable to find anything forbidding drone activity in Apple Valley and Burnsville. So parks within those two city limits may be a possibility.

(I searched both the "legalese" city ordinances and the park rules - Apple Valley had a mention of drones in some meeting minutes, but I found no result from the meeting, and Burnsville only states that drone operators must follow FAA guidelines).
If you want to fly strictly legal go to sodbusters RC park it’s right on Google maps

Reactions: Faim
Technically it is and I try to get a hold of somebody through their website and nobody responded so I flown there a couple times and nobody happen to be there. Here’s a tip go across the street from the sodbusters and there’s a huge farm next to the holiday gas station I have flown there a few times there is a short cul-de-sac right there, No farmhouse

Back when (longer than I care to admit) I was flying r/c heli's I got an earful from someone who showed up and told me I was trespassing if I was not a member.
Never thought about that park or joining again.
Will have to check it out. Thanks.

Will have to check out the farm. Thanks.
If you’re looking for just a place to practice wide-open nobody bothering you check out the farm field next to the holiday gas station it’s only about two blocks off I 94

I created a shared google map with layers of places in categories of no permits, permit required, restricted.

Suggest feedback and updates. Share places that don't require a permit to fly drone there and I'll add it to the list.

Last edited:
Reactions: marnat3
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian