DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Miscellaneous Litchi Questions

Walleye Hunter

Reactions
I have created two missions in Litchi and am having pretty good luck figuring things out as I go. Right now the issue I'm having is that the drone just hovers at last waypoint but I have RTH selected at 'Finish Action'. Am I missing a step or does the drone just not automatically RTH when finished hitting its waypoints?

I have created two missions in Litchi and am having pretty good luck figuring things out as I go. Right now the issue I'm having is that the drone just hovers at last waypoint but I have RTH selected at 'Finish Action'. Am I missing a step or does the drone just not automatically RTH when finished hitting its waypoints?
You have to set it to “land”. I always set the last waypoint right next to the first waypoint (takeoff)

Reactions: mereflyer
You have to set it to “land”. I always set the last waypoint right next to the first waypoint (takeoff)
No, I have it set to RTH. I am not using the homepoint for a waypoint at all.

Reactions: dug611
OK, I have two missions from my pad out front. On one of them, the drone comes home at the end of its flight and on the other it does not. All other settings are equal between the two missions. And on one mission, the drone will ascend from takeoff position and go (of course that's the one that hovers at last waypoint) and on the other mission, I have to take the drone up 100' or so before it will run its mission. So...I either get to automatically climb and run or RTH but not both. :confused:

A couple things you might want to think about with this. If your last waypoint in within 20 meters, that's horizontally not vertically, of your home point, the RTH behavior can be different. I've had cases where it just started descending at the last waypoint or moved a little closer to the home point and started descending but not the precision landing sequence with an orienting turn and descent like I usually get. Plus, if you are below your RTH altitude and within the 20 meters it could just try to return at the present altitude and if it detected an object, might just sit there. All I'm saying is that the drone can act a little different when RTH is initiated when its already close to home. This is what I have experienced with my MPP and M2P. If your last waypoint is far enough away and your drone just hovers, not sure what would cause that. I've got hundreds of Litchi missions flown and have not seen this behavior. I always launch my missions from takeoff position and the drone always goes straight up to the first WP's altitude and then heads for it. Sounds like it might be specific to your drone.

Reactions: Walleye Hunter
Try this, after your last position, add another with a short, 1 or 2 foot flight, with RTH at the end of that.
I will try adding a waypoint and see what it does.

I give it a try. I'm getting a message that csv is not an allowed extension.
A better way to share a Litchi Mission is to uncheck the "Private" checkbox in the "Open" dialog.

Capture.PNG
Then copy and paste the URL here. This way, we get to see all of the mission parameters for this mission.

Reactions: Walleye Hunter
OK, here's the one where it stays at waypoint #4 and won't fly home. That's an interesting feature and a nice one to learn, thank you.

And home is the corner house with the large front yard. When I run the mission, the controller paints a yellow line from home to the first waypoint and back home from the last one on both missions.

Mission Hub - Litchi

And here's the one where it won't lift off, I have to get it up a bit before it takes off on its own but it comes home at the end.

Mission Hub - Litchi

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman