DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Missing flight records on smart controller. New firmware update bug or just a general bug?

That makes 6, 11, 13 th January updates all with same version no. 1.0.650. Hopefully this latest may make it safe to fly.

Would be good if anyone who has done this 3rd update can say whether it cures the log issue which was presumably what it was designed to do?

That makes 6, 11, 13 th January updates all with same version no. 1.0.650. Hopefully this latest may make it safe to fly.

Would be good if anyone who has done this 3rd update can say whether it cures the log issue which was presumably what it was designed to do?
OMG - what a bunch of bunk.
From SC, do check for update. Says current version.
Fire up Assistant, plug SC into computer, it shows the mentioned 1/13 update.
DJI, if your gonna change the firmware, you NEED TO CHANGE THE NUMBER.
Like 0.652

I would also like to know if the NEWEST 1/13 fixes the logs.

If so, maybe I'll do ANOTHER one.
If not, maybe not.
Frigin' nightmare.

Edit: just flew 3 batteries on both DJI and Litchi with NO problems with 1/11 version - except for the logs being in Internal not SD.

You may have a short flight log because of the app crash. The entire flight might actually be there (minus the time the app wasn't running but in separate files, and the app may be reading only one of them. Merging the files might fix it. Make a backup copy of the original ones before trying to merge them though.
Sounds like a good idea. I’ll try it later and let you know. Thanks

Guess I'll subject myself to more pain and update again.
From this post:
Someone wrote in the forum that a new FW (same version 0650 but newer date 01/13/2020.) Came out, so I reinstalled firmware via assistant 2 for Mavic and flight log works as before. I did two flights and all is ok with log. It seems to me that SC no longer reboots after changing the default memory between internal and external

3rd update completed.
Same as before, long pause at updating 16% and 98% then reboot 2x.
Didn't reformat SD card or factory reset as needed before, so Litchi and SD card intact.

Flew 1 battery both DJI Go and Litchi - all was good.

Flight logs are STILL stored to the new Internal location vs. the old SD location.
BUT, the apps are now looking to Internal, so flight logs sync.
I DID have problems syncing them for awhile at first.
Seems to be a problem with DJI servers. It finally did sync after numerous tries.

NOTE: you should sync your logs before updating, as the update WILL delete all previous logs from the SC,
and requires a successful sync to get them back on the device.

Over and out

I've been working in software development all my life and I will tell you one thing - NEVER have I seen and update released with the same version number. For one thing checks for update are going to say "up to date".

this time (the third one) I connected the laptop to the home network via a wire, and I didn't do the update as before via wi-fi and the difference is huge in speed x10 at least. Someone mentioned this in the forum, so I decided to give it a try and I really recommend that everyone connect with a wire to the internet if you can.

I've been working in software development all my life and I will tell you one thing - NEVER have I seen and update released with the same version number. For one thing checks for update are going to say "up to date".
Indeed and sneaking out updates without any AFAIK info that there is a bug fix is shall we say "rare".

I hope that some users have actually checked the dates to ensure they have the latest version 1/13 at moment as it is possible to have missed it for those that updated via SC and Wifi which seemed to be a root cause for failure for some. Even if it succeeded by Wifi against DJI's stipulation to use Assistant I wouldn't be confident there was not some corruption and the log files issue might go un-noticed.

Let us hope that DJI learn from this debacle.

It is somewhat ironic that DJI are at less than snails pace in updating their CrystalSky units which is essentially an Android tablet with a decent screen minus sticks and the most recent version of GO 4 is 4.3.16 as compared to 4.3.25/28 on other platforms. At least it works reliably - I think!

So, here's the latest on my end...

I installed and/or refreshed the new firmware several times. Double checked to make sure I now have kernel 4.4.83.

Issues:
  1. Keep getting message that Google Apps Store quit.
  2. Sync to DJI now works BUT it added all my flights on top of what I had actually flown! I look like a real pro now.
  3. And this is the BIG one for me; AirData is not syncing. Token is OK. Just not uploading any flights.
I finally rolled back firmware to previous version and all's good now. Only issues are that I have a whole lot more recorded flights on DJI and I keep getting notice on SC to Update.

At this point, I am going to sit it out on the sidelines and wait for confirmation that the new FW is working flawlessly, particularly with AirData.

You may have a short flight log because of the app crash. The entire flight might actually be there (minus the time the app wasn't running but in separate files, and the app may be reading only one of them. Merging the files might fix it. Make a backup copy of the original ones before trying to merge them though.
I am looking at two types of files for records here, the .txt files and the .dat files. any advice on which one to merge and more importantly: how??:)
thanks

I had exactly the same today. Everything OK. But at home NO flightlogs. Factory reserves on both. Nothing yet

Reactions: FASTFJR
I tried the download again yesterday, still nothing, just wants to do it over and over. I signed in and out of my account 3 times, I tired to sync my flight records again a few times also......Nothing. What a cluster puck. I have one flight in the records from 2 years ago Lol. I must have made 200 flights after that.

I tried the download again yesterday, still nothing, just wants to do it over and over. I signed in and out of my account 3 times, I tired to sync my flight records again a few times also......Nothing. What a cluster puck. I have one flight in the records from 2 years ago Lol. I must have made 200 flights after that.

Did you use Assistant or direct download from SC over Wifi?
What is your current firmware version and more importantly the date?
Can't help much without those facts.

Reactions: FASTFJR
Did you use Assistant or direct download from SC over Wifi?
What is your current firmware version and more importantly the date?
Can't help much without those facts.

Direct over Wifi, not sure of the version but I'm pretty sure its whatever was last. I'll have to take a look when I get home. I'm done missing with it for a few weeks. I have a trip coming up and I'm filming some ice climbers. Everything is working fine, I don't want to jinxed myself and get into a situation were something gets screwed up. I'll just wait until I get back

Direct over Wifi, not sure of the version but I'm pretty sure its whatever was last. I'll have to take a look when I get home. I'm done missing with it for a few weeks. I have a trip coming up and I'm filming some ice climbers. Everything is working fine, I don't want to jinxed myself and get into a situation were something gets screwed up. I'll just wait until I get back
Direct over Wifi .... well that is very likely your issue, DJI are very clear albeit well hidden away that SC updates should/must be done using Assistant and not Wifi. Some have used Wifi and got away with it others like me and now you didn't. I had the endless loop of updates also.
You really need to read through this thread as you may well have a corrupt installation which leads to loss of logs etc.

You are looking for Assistant to update you to the .650 version but date is crucial it must be Jan 13th or possibly later if they push out another as there have been a flurry of 3 so far.

If Assistant doesn't see your SC then you are looking at system reset whether you like it or not. If you want to be certain your ice climbers get filmed OK you should really check through this thread. Others have found all seemed well until they checked their logs. If yours are missing or corrupt then you likely have a problem.

If Assistant does see it then refresh the update .650 if there and all being well you will get the Jan 13th version and your logs should be OK

Reactions: Gindra and FASTFJR
Direct over Wifi .... well that is very likely your issue, DJI are very clear albeit well hidden away that SC updates should/must be done using Assistant and not Wifi. Some have used Wifi and got away with it others like me and now you didn't. I had the endless loop of updates also.
You really need to read through this thread as you may well have a corrupt installation which leads to loss of logs etc.

You are looking for Assistant to update you to the .650 version but date is crucial it must be Jan 13th or possibly later if they push out another as there have been a flurry of 3 so far.

If Assistant doesn't see your SC then you are looking at system reset whether you like it or not. If you want to be certain your ice climbers get filmed OK you should really check through this thread. Others have found all seemed well until they checked their logs. If yours are missing or corrupt then you likely have a problem.

If Assistant does see it then refresh the update .650 if there and all being well you will get the Jan 13th version and your logs should be OK

Thanks for the info, I'll try the Assistant tonight. I've done 3? other updates on the SC, all the same way direct over wifi and have never had an issue

I had SC down to previous version 530 or so. Made 2 flights and had logs. Video etc.
now after reading here I updated again to 630 date: 01-13-2020. Used Assistent.
I now see all mij fligtlogs from ALL my flights and (ex) drones. BUT NOW MY TODAY FLIGHTLOGS HAVE DISAPPEARED!!!!
ARGHHHHHHHH,,,,!!!!

————-ANY suggestions to get those back?.————-

EDIT. they are uploaded to DJI. An see them on other controllers. SC does not have or sync them.

SORRY. after the update WiFi was switched of by SC. After switching on the sync worked.
Tomorrow testing if it logs new flights.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gindra and FASTFJR

So I used the Assistant and it did work, I guess from start to finish it took about 20 minutes. My logs are updated, all the way back to 2015 or so it says. Its strange, a bunch are there however many or not. Its a mixed bag. I have a bunch from 2017-2018 and only a handful from 2019. I know I had a few dozen flights from 2019 that are just not there anymore. Not a big deal just very strange at how random the flight logs seem to be

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bhop786