DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Missing lens?

Olav van Gerven

Reactions
I just did a little flight for a neighbour, documenting his constructionsite. Since it is bright daylight, I used a ND-Filter. I had a ND4 on the cam, changed it for an ND16 and everything worked fine. Packing away my drone and the filters, I noticed that in the little metal ring I unscrewed from the Mavic Cam to put on the filter, there was no lens. I didn't pay attention to it as I unscrewed it, but can anybody tell me if I lost a lens or if this (now) simple ring is the way it should be?
Thanks for the answers

I just did a little flight for a neighbour, documenting his constructionsite. Since it is bright daylight, I used a ND-Filter. I had a ND4 on the cam, changed it for an ND16 and everything worked fine. Packing away my drone and the filters, I noticed that in the little metal ring I unscrewed from the Mavic Cam to put on the filter, there was no lens. I didn't pay attention to it as I unscrewed it, but can anybody tell me if I lost a lens or if this (now) simple ring is the way it should be?
Thanks for the answers
There is only the black ring. No glass lens inside. Your ok.
If you remove the ring, you will see the glass lens is permanent to the camera.
When you place a filter on, you are placing it over the existing lens.
When your not using filters, always place the ring back on to protect the threads and rubber gasket.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Shock
Okay, saved my day!

I have been very carefull putting on the filter, but you know, big fingers, small filters...

Thanks

I bought myself a UV filter to protect my lens..
For me a standard procedure to all my cameras/lenses. I just did not notice that the ring I have was just to protect the wire at the lens. Since I have a lot of experience with Murphy's Law, I had a moment of "okay, it happened to me again".

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming