DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Missing Quickshot Menu

Jacada

Reactions
My drone no longer has a quickshot menu. Only Photo and Video icons.

Yes, hovering higher than 2m does not help.
Yes, both drone and controller have memory cards in them.
No, the controller is not in Sport mode.

Can anyone help?

Attachments

• No_QS.jpg
    No_QS.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
Press the 3 dots...go to control ..then turn on subject scanning...you do have to be connected to the drone...and you do have to turn it back on each time you have turned he controller off ...and go to use it again

Reactions: Felix le Chat
Press the 3 dots...go to control ..then turn on subject scanning...you do have to be connected to the drone...and you do have to turn it back on each time you have turned he controller off ...and go to use it again
Thanks for your input but the Mini 3 does not have this option. I did however get the problem solved. Turns out the drone firmware was faulty.

How were you able to figure that out? Did you call dji?..were they helpful?......Did everyone with a mini 3 who did the firmware update have the same experience?...It must have been quite frustrating

How were you able to figure that out? Did you call dji?..were they helpful?......Did everyone with a mini 3 who did the firmware update have the same experience?...It must have been quite frustrating

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

😁😁😁

How were you able to figure that out?
This has been a 4 month ordeal. I cannot remember that the drone firmware was updated (thought only the Fly App was updated) but it must have been updated, causing the problem. At 1st I did not realize there was a problem until I went on holiday in Feb. Then I noticed the problem.

Did you call dji?
I contacted them via their chat support.

Were they helpful?
Sigh, no. At first the DJI person blamed my SD cards, saying that they are not fast enough and that I should only use the ones suggested by their website. The Samsung cards worked just fine before but he was adamant. So I ordered two new cards and waited for delivery. After installing them - nothing! Problem persisted.
So I tried again via the chat. Long story short - I had to send in screenshots, videos, log files, etc. I waited a month for an answer. They wanted me to send in the drone to one of their partners to have it fixed. Something I did not want to do.
I did however get an idea of the problem when taking all the screenshots - the drone firmware was showing as "NA".
One is supposed to be able to "refresh" the drone firmware via the DJI Assistant 2 software on the PC. I could NOT get this to work. The software refused to detect the drone no matter what I tried.
Fortunately, when I had time again to try and fix the problem, there was an update for the drone firmware via the RC Controller. After installing that firmware, the drone was fine. Problem FINALLY fixed.

Did everyone with a mini 3 who did the firmware update have the same experience?
I don't think so. Somehow my upgrade was botched on my side.

It must have been quite frustrating
You have no idea.

Oh and finally, I will NOT be installing any further drone firmware updates unless they solve a problem which I have. But for now everything works, so if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imMike507