DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Missing video: any help welcome.

HLHammes

Reactions
Didn't know this forum existed until today - I've been searching the internet out of desperation for anyone with specific guidance on what to do.

I have a Mavic Air 2 - I use it very recreationally. Only a handful of times a year, but more frequently now - so I basically have layman's terminology around it. Today, I was recording a flight on video directly to my phone. I did not have an SD in... I forgot to put it back in from the last time I took it out. Short videos were saving fine directly to my photo album app on my iPhone 12 (1 min or less). I recorded an important 3 min segment and it did not save at all. Why? What's the difference?

I see nothing at under the "album" tab on the DJI app. But I also see 2GB saved under the cache in the app? Does that mean anything? Like I said, my knowledge is slim, but I'm feeling pretty down about this. Any advice or ideas is welcome. Or just letting me know if I'm out of luck.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Didn't know this forum existed until today - I've been searching the internet out of desperation for anyone with specific guidance on what to do.

I have a Mavic Air 2 - I use it very recreationally. Only a handful of times a year, but more frequently now - so I basically have layman's terminology around it. Today, I was recording a flight on video directly to my phone. I did not have an SD in... I forgot to put it back in from the last time I took it out. Short videos were saving fine directly to my photo album app on my iPhone 12 (1 min or less). I recorded an important 3 min segment and it did not save at all. Why? What's the difference?

I see nothing at under the "album" tab on the DJI app. But I also see 2GB saved under the cache in the app? Does that mean anything? Like I said, my knowledge is slim, but I'm feeling pretty down about this. Any advice or ideas is welcome. Or just letting me know if I'm out of luck.
Welcome to the forum. Im in Savannah, btw.

When your vids are saved directly to your phone they are saved at a much less revolution, from my understanding. This is only used as a way to quickly review your shots.

Now, saying all that, I think you might be able to "screen record" which might save at a higher resolution and frame rate.

I'm sure others will chime in soon but to expect quality footage w/out the SD card in is probably a losing proposition.

What you earlier have seen in your iPhone is only low res copies from the live screen shown on your phone when flying... so everything there will be in that recording, getting a slight lag in the view & that will be there in that recording also.

The high res video is stored either on the SD card or in the internal memory in the drone... if you have recorded without a SD card in place the storing location will revert to the internal 8 gig internal memory in the drone. To access it you need to hook the drone up to your computer with a USB cable & turn the drone on... then it should show up as a removable drive.

What you earlier have seen in your iPhone is only low res copies from the live screen shown on your phone when flying... so everything there will be in that recording, getting a slight lag in the view & that will be there in that recording also.

The high res video is stored either on the SD card or in the internal memory in the drone... if you have recorded without a SD card in place the storing location will revert to the internal 8 gig internal memory in the drone. To access it you need to hook the drone up to your computer with a USB cable & turn the drone on... then it should show up as a removable drive.
I'll give that a try. I appreciate the response. I wasn't intentionally running it without the SD card, I just have been using it pretty infrequently and didn't put it back in before going to the event. Really kicking myself for this one.

Reactions: rickmurray1989
@HLHammes ,dont beat yourself up about it ,its part of a long list of things ,that have caught many, many, of us out at some point or the other during our drone flying adventures
just make yourself a short ,before i leave home check list ,and go over it before you set off for the day ,things like are the batteries and RC fully charged ,have i checked for any updates is the cable to connect the RC to the drone in the case,have i got an SD card in the drone, and a spare, some replacement props etc ,you get the idea ,when you fly on a regular basis these things become second nature ,but infrequent use of your drone can be a problem as you found out

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
@HLHammes ,dont beat yourself up about it ,its part of a long list of things ,that have caught many, many, of us out at some point or the other during our drone flying adventures
just make yourself a short ,before i leave home check list ,and go over it before you set off for the day ,things like are the batteries and RC fully charged ,have i checked for any updates is the cable to connect the RC to the drone in the case,have i got an SD card in the drone, and a spare, some replacement props etc ,you get the idea ,when you fly on a regular basis these things become second nature ,but infrequent use of your drone can be a problem as you found out
That's some good advice! I appreciate it. I really started using it more often to take videos of our farm this past year, and I'm still getting the hang of things. Good to know I'm not the only one!

Reactions: old man mavic
No sabía que este foro existía hasta hoy: he estado buscando en Internet por desesperación a alguien con orientación específica sobre qué hacer.

Tengo un Mavic Air 2, lo uso muy recreativamente. Solo un puñado de veces al año, pero ahora con más frecuencia, así que básicamente tengo terminología laica a su alrededor. Hoy, estaba grabando un vuelo en video directamente a mi teléfono. No tenía una SD en... Olvidé volver a ponerlo de la última vez que lo saqué. Los videos cortos se guardaban bien directamente en mi aplicación de álbum de fotos en mi iPhone 12 (1 minuto o menos). Grabé un segmento importante de 3 minutos y no se guardó en absoluto. ¿Por qué? ¿Cuál es la diferencia?

No veo nada en la pestaña "álbum" en la aplicación DJI. ¿Pero también veo 2GB guardados en el caché de la aplicación? ¿Eso significa algo? Como dije, mi conocimiento es escaso, pero me siento bastante deprimido por esto. Cualquier consejo o idea es bienvenida. O simplemente avisarme si no tengo suerte.
Es posible que la memoria del teléfono no era suficiente y por esa causa no se grabó.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS