DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mission Hub - litchi

jve40

Reactions
Just when i thought litchi could not be any better, i was tired of planning my missions from my ipad. saw that you can create the missions from pc. Mission hub, so awesome. Saved the mission, loaded it from the app and ran it. Awesome feature.

Just when i thought litchi could not be any better, i was tired of planning my missions from my ipad. saw that you can create the missions from pc. Mission hub, so awesome. Saved the mission, loaded it from the app and ran it. Awesome feature.
That's the only way I plan my routes, pain in the *** using the Ipad.

Really? You think the iPad is a pain to create litchi missions on? Huh. I actually think it's pretty easy. I guess maybe I should try it on a desktop. Maybe I'm missing something cool!

Really? You think the iPad is a pain to create litchi missions on? Huh. I actually think it's pretty easy. I guess maybe I should try it on a desktop. Maybe I'm missing something cool!
Try the desktop version...but then again my desktop monitor is 25" as opposed to my 9" iPad

Fair enough. Although, I almost never use a desktop for anything. And I spend several hours a day on iPads, so that might play into it.!

New to mavic and to litchi. I can't figure out a couple things on the mission hub. First, how do I fix it so that the mavic always faces the direction of flight while maintaining a fixed gimbal pitch? I guess the fixed gimbal pitch would be managed with the "interpolate" feature, specifying the pitch at each waypoint, but unfortunately with the heading there doesn't appear to be an option of "direction of flight". Instead it looks like I have to make an approximate guess of the heading based on the path on the map and specify that at each waypoint? Sounds very tedious.

Also, is there a way to make it so that each new waypoint loads the settings of the previous waypoint? If I want to lock the gimbal pitch I don't want to have to specify that at each waypoint. I want it to default to the specified pitch every time I create a new waypoint.

Reactions: photoshoot
to answer a few questions, on the pc litchi hub you are not able to set the camera direction except to say look at waypoint "X" but when you load the mission from the ipad or android app you click the settings button and change the camera direction to auto. this will keep the camera facing the direction of flight. You can set it to custom which is default and will make the camera face the waypoints you created during the mission. There is another setting i believe called "free" which allows you to change the direction during flight.
To your second question whatever you set up on first waypoint, will be copied to any subsequent waypoints, such as height, gimbal pitch, etc.

Torqum this is why the Mission Hub is not the Panacea. It is great for building you basic route, but you really need to tidy things up in the IOS or Android app. the hub misses out of quite a few of the settings available in the apps.
IN the apps you can go to mission settings and select a heading regime for the mission. In your case you want the first option. Auto(IOS)\Toward Next WPT(android). The apps also have a "select all" tool which you can use to go back and bulk change every WPT in one hit. So that you can for example change the gimbal pitch on a 50 WPT route in about 5 clicks.
Do the basic route Mission Hub if you wish but finish it up in one of the apps.

jve40 custom is actually WPT defined and will point it to whatever you select the WPT heading to be. This is not the same as Auto which is the one for towards next WPT.

It is confusing because the IOS and Android Litchi apps use different terminology. The Android terminology is easier to understand and make sense of.

I use both and while the app does have some cooler features than the hub, one really cool thing you can do with the hub is import kml files from Google Earth. You can create/draw a path in google earth and then under the altitude tab you can set the height of the path at whatever altitude you want above the ground (I think you enter it in meters). Then you can import it into a mission in the hub with all the altitudes set. After that you can edit the mission as usual, but it give you a great base set of waypoints.

Got to say the app is great out in the field though. The free draw feature is great for quick and dirty missions and I really do like the relative to ground elevation feature on batch edits.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I am trying to use Mission Hub in Chrome Browser on an iPad. I know how to set a waypoint by touching the screen but can't figure out how to create a POI. I have tried long hold, double tapping, triple tapping, and can't seem to set a POI. The shortcut instructions say "right mouse click". How is it done on an iPad?
Thanks!
MIKE

I am trying to use Mission Hub in Chrome Browser on an iPad. I know how to set a waypoint by touching the screen but can't figure out how to create a POI. I have tried long hold, double tapping, triple tapping, and can't seem to set a POI. The shortcut instructions say "right mouse click". How is it done on an iPad?
Thanks!
MIKE

Did you get it figured out?? Small icon up on top to the right. After hitting the icon, everything you tap is a POi.. good luck

I found that icon using the Litchi app, not using Chrome and Mission Hub. Can the hub be used on any tablets? I have tried on both IOS and Samsung Tablet with Android. Neither run Mission Hub correctly. I want to use Hub so I can use some of the move and edit functions of the Hub which can't be done with the Litchi app.

Just a newbee question:
How do I load a mission that i made on my pc, into my Mavic?

Just a newbee question:
How do I load a mission that i made on my pc, into my Mavic?

if your mobile device is signed in to Litchi and has wifi connection the mission is automatically saved to the mobile device when you save the mission on the PC . From there just select the Waypoint icon on the mobile device and it will give you the Load icon which sends it to the Mavic .

Reactions: Pol
if your mobile device is signed in to Litchi and has wifi connection the mission is automatically saved to the mobile device when you save the mission on the PC . From there just select the Waypoint icon on the mobile device and it will give you the Load icon which sends it to the Mavic .
WOW. That's a quick reply.
Thank you so much ;-)

Can I plan a mission on my iPad and transfer or load it on my iPhone for flight?

Yes.

Thanks
If I am logging in on both devices (ipad and phone) is the transfer automatic- If not how do I query the ipad to find the mission and download it?

Thanks
Steve

Yes

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe