DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mixed inputs glitch.

MavicKhan

Reactions
Yesterday, while trying out a shot where the Mavic would run over water into cliffs mixed with a "crane climb" to reveal a feature on top of the cliffs, I ran into something weird.

I was on top of the cliffs and flew the Mavic to about 200 yards off-shore, to a lower level from where it departed, as I was on top of the very same cliffs.

The initial position was about 5 over water, about 20 meters below my own reference position.

I them started the Mavic flying forward, gimbal with a medium downward viewing angle just tracking the water. As it approached the cliff I kept the forward stick input and started the ascent.

It started the composite movement, alright, but only to 10 meters exactly. It them stopped ascending and hitting the cliff, later in the flight, started to be a concern and I was about to abort the shot when releasing and reengaging the "up" stick did the trick and made it reassume the climb.

Any ideas on why it may have stopped the ascent? Do you think the 10 meters are significant or was it just a coincidence?

There were about 8-10 knots of wind blowing from inland. Could it be a strong downdraft as it approached the cliffs? ...but why the "0" vertical speed hold, then?

Thanks.

MK

Last edited:
Did you try reviewing your flight log? You can upload it here.

This is solved.

It came to a point where the "Up" command on the stick would result in a very, very slow ascents.

My eldest call my attention to the fact that, if even only the smallest of "Yaw" inputs was added to the control stick, the ascent rate would normalize.

This made me suspect of a controller calibration problem, so I performed a calibration and the problem is (seems to be) solved :)

MK

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rapidppoint