DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MM DJI's best.

As the law changes mean there's no point in my buying a Mavic2 Pro I gave in to curiosity about three weeks ago and bought a Mini.

I'm not a fan at all. Appreciate everyone has different requirements and tastes, so I don't want to rain on anyone's parade. But, compared even to the Spark, it's sadly lacking in features and build quality. Comparing it to the other Mavic's - it's like a point and shoot camera compared to a DSLR. Which, is great - if that's what you want.

As a business user, or even a prosumer level user this won't do the job. For a family with kids on a day at the beach, it's probably ideal.

From what I read...it sounds too much like "there are those that have..and there are those that will" and I'm not meaning..trading for a Mini. Hope I'm wrong

Are you over 250 g now
i wasn't bothered about the weight limit as i already have my OP ID and FLYER ID with my MPP so it doesn't matter

do you have to register each individual drone over 250 g or is one number good enough
its the same number for all if you are a hobbyist or recreational pilot ,in the US i believe its a different number for each drone if you are part 107

Reactions: WooZie and Thomas B
How much do those foam inserts weigh? I don't think it would really take a lot to stiffen the arms against twisting; I think a very thin piece of plastic would work, maybe thin enough to not weigh more than those inserts.

Reactions: old man mavic
How much do those foam inserts weigh? I don't think it would really take a lot to stiffen the arms against twisting; I think a very thin piece of plastic would work, maybe thin enough to not weigh more than those inserts.
not much i used a thin old bank card to make my stiffeners but i left the foam in place, it works ,because it turns the arm into a box section, which is much stiffer than a three sided beam

Reactions: WooZie and RogerDH
not much i used a thin old bank card to make my stiffeners but i left the foam in place, it works ,because it turns the arm into a box section, which is much stiffer than a three sided beam
Yeah, I haven't had the problem, but if I do, I'll leave the foam in place, too -- it might be killing some vibrations. I already have my FAA registration number on my Mini.

Reactions: old man mavic
Yeah, I haven't had the problem, but if I do, I'll leave the foam in place, too -- it might be killing some vibrations. I already have my FAA registration number on my Mini.
another reason for leaving the foam in for me ,was that had it not worked or i had a crash then it would be fairly easy to remove the stiffeners if i had needed to use my care refresh ,i just stuck them to the edge of the arms with a very tiny amount of super glue

Reactions: WooZie
Regardless of some overemphasized problems I think it is.

From an engineering standpoint it is a little marvel. It's deliberately low on features, ultra-light to comply with regulations and priced very competitively for what it offers.

There's no shortage of boards inside, connectors, the gimbal is 3 axis stabilized, the folding mechanism... plenty of features that took many many engineering hours to be developed and integrated into the product.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirilx