DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MM does not detect new battery.

Dravat

Reactions
My MM crashed in salt water. After thorough cleaning and drying (all boards removed) drone would not detect the battery (leds 3&4 blinking three times when connected to charger). I opened the battery and found it totally damaged. I bought a new OEM battery online but drone still blinks the same. How can I tell if the new battery is bad or if there is an internal board problem?. I have read that these batteries are put in a hibernating mode for shipment by air. I do not have a charging hub.
Your help will be appreciated!

How did you clean the drone, with distilled water and Isopropyl alcohol ?

Yes, both.

Was there a lot of corrosion visible ?
Did you scrub it away with a tooth brush ?

How do you normally charge the battery in the AC ?

Was there a lot of corrosion visible ?
Did you scrub it away with a tooth brush ?

How do you normally charge the battery in the AC ?
Corrosion was only visible on the battery cap circuit. White crust (salt crystals) on the drone boards were brushed with a tooth brush and blown off with comp. air.
I normally charge the battery through the drone with the provided cable and my Samsung S8+ charger.

How did you clean the drone, with distilled water and Isopropyl alcohol ?
I removed all boards and brushed salt crusts/dust with comp. air. Soaked Qtips with H2O and Iso afterwards. Let it dry for a couple of days before attempting to power it.

Sometimes to overcome the hibernation charge you need to charge the battery with a 18 watt charger.

Just leave it charging on your current charger it could take hours to come out of hibernation

Last edited:
Sometimes to overcome the hibernation charge you need to charge the battery with a 18v charger.

I believe the Samsung charger might be only 5v 2.0amp
Yes, it is 5v 2amp. Will the drone then "see" the battery? cause I have to charge it through the drone circuit and it currently does not see it. Are you saying that the drone does not see it because of its hibernating voltage?

Yes, it is 5v 2amp. Will the drone then "see" the battery? cause I have to charge it through the drone circuit and it currently does not see it. Are you saying that the drone does not see it because of its hibernating voltage?

you'll probably have to leave it charging for a while to wake it up

Thanks! I will have to buy an 18V charger and try it.

You might be able to use the Samsung charger, some sources says it puts out 15 watts.

Not sure where you are

You might be able to use the Samsung charger, some sources says it puts out 15 watts.

Not sure where you are

I am in Puerto Rico. Thanks a lot for the Amazon link!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre