DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MM Issue With Rear Leg Folding

Cmeflydrone

Reactions
Minor clip of a tree limb and fall into grassy area from about 15 feet high. Flies fine, no visible damage but one of the rear legs will not fold up. Moves about 10% of the way towards storage position then just stops. Tried loosening what screws I can and no change in range of leg motion. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Did you ever figure out what was happening with your rear leg on the MM? I just had something similar happen to mine, and now it will not fold either.

I sent to DJI for repair. $99 and they paid postage both ways. Works perfect and was only without about 8 days

Reactions: ff22
I sent to DJI for repair. $99 and they paid postage both ways. Works perfect and was only without about 8 days
Good to know they have a quick turnaround. I just took the 2 screws off of the rear arm and saw that one of the 3 screws holding the spring cam to the frame was loose. I got lucky and when I tightened that screw it is working now.

• Love
Reactions: burggraf
To Cmeflydrone, do they list what they did? And if, by chance, they replaced the arm and motor did they return the old arm and motor?
I am not question whether or not they did replace anything, it's just that I am thinking bits of the arm assembly might have been a useful source of spares for later when the Mini is out of warranty

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to know they have a quick turnaround. I just took the 2 screws off of the rear arm and saw that one of the 3 screws holding the spring cam to the frame was loose. I got lucky and when I tightened that screw it is working now.

THANK YOU! I crashed my Mini yesterday, almost the exact same thing (from maybe 20 feet and not 15). I took off the two screws, pulled the arm out, fixed the loose screw, tightened it, screwed the arm back on -- voila! Good as new! You saved me 100 bucks! I guess this internet thing might actually work after all.

Reactions: teeroy and ff22

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones