DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MM registration in the EU/GB?

Brojon

Reactions
I heard a rumble that even the MM would need to be registered later this year.
What's that all about? I'll be going to Scotland in July and was planning to use a MM since it would be less hassle.
I did not have a good time with the Spark and Mavic Pro last year in Germany/Switzerland - way too many BS privacy concerns.

What's that all about? I'll be going to Scotland in July and was planning to use a MM since it would be less hassle.
I did not have a good time with the Spark and Mavic Pro last year in Germany/Switzerland - way too many BS privacy concerns.
hi Dc apparently when the new EU rules come in to force in July,because the MM has a camera on it it will need to be registered its £9 for the operator ID and also you will need to do a 20 question tick box test to get your flyer ID this is free and lasts for 3 years

hi Dc apparently when the new EU rules come in to force in July,because the MM has a camera on it it will need to be registered its £9 for the operator ID and also you will need to do a 20 question tick box test to get your flyer ID this is free and lasts for 3 years
But uk is no more in eu [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Reactions: Brojon
ESEA regulations come into force 1st July 2020 for UK/ Europe. Ant drone regardless of weight if it has data capture ability (a camera) will require registration in the UK (£9). I’ve not yet seen any information regarding temporary visitors to the UK, technically I guess you will require registration, in reality I’m guessing may UK Mini pilots will be oblivious to the requirements. If you fly sensibly, stick to the UK drone code your unlikely to fall foul of the Law.

Reactions: old man mavic
ESEA regulations come into force 1st July 2020 for UK/ Europe. Ant drone regardless of weight if it has data capture ability (a camera) will require registration in the UK (£9). I’ve not yet seen any information regarding temporary visitors to the UK, technically I guess you will require registration, in reality I’m guessing may UK Mini pilots will be oblivious to the requirements. If you fly sensibly, stick to the UK drone code your unlikely to fall foul of the Law.
while i agree that many MM fliers in the UK are oblivious of the requirements,that would not be a form of defence if they were caught without OP ID or flyer ID ,there should be far more awareness of the new rules at point of sale ,and from the CAA who implement these rules

What was your experience in Germany and Switzerland? Were you stopped by police?
Actually I was stopped by people.
I was at one B&B in the middle of the Black Forest and obtained permission from the owner to fly.
His neighbor came over and raised a "privacy" fuss because I could video his property.The owner wasn't willing to make waves with a neighbor.
Variations on that theme the entire trip - not to mention anything resembling a national park area is protected and they're all over.

i am aware of that ,but we are supposed to be adopting their rules in July
Good to know - I guess I need to look that up and get booked then.
We'll be staying in Scotland for the most part, then traveling to London where my wife has obtained permission to study a rare book.
Which set of rules for Scotland? Any flying or other tips you want to PM or post about will be greatly appreciated!

Good to know - I guess I need to look that up and get booked then.
We'll be staying in Scotland for the most part, then traveling to London where my wife has obtained permission to study a rare book.
Which set of rules for Scotland? Any flying or other tips you want to PM or post about will be greatly appreciated!
There are more complicated documents of course, but the .pdf that you can download from the link below, gives a pictorial reference to the UK Drone flying rules. When you sit the CAA Flyer Registration test on-line, it is in effect, testing to see if you have bothered to look up these rules ... At this time, Scotland is still part of the UK and therefore the same rules apply ...

If you use this web-page as a reference while you take the test, it's pretty much impossible to not get 20 out of 20 ...

What was your experience in Germany and Switzerland? Were you stopped by police?
No those countries but Scotland recently when I flew out over a very hidden cottage - no idea it was there - and the owner screamed at me even though the camera was never pointing down at his property .... I ignored it as I wasnt filming his place but I get his concern ..

Reactions: Brojon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman