DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mobile app for France airspace?

Aerophile

Reactions
I'm planning a trip to southern France next year, and of course I hope to capture some photos and video footage of the scenery with my drone. Though I'm from the USA (and have my 107) I also have already completed all the required steps for the EASA operator and drone registration so should be all set for EU countries; I have a Mini 3 Pro.

I'm looking for the mobile app (iOS version) that depicts French airspace classifications/restrictions for drones. Can anyone point me to that?

Merci!

I'm planning a trip to southern France next year, and of course I hope to capture some photos and video footage of the scenery with my drone. Though I'm from the USA (and have my 107) I also have already completed all the required steps for the EASA operator and drone registration so should be all set for EU countries; I have a Mini 3 Pro.

I'm looking for the mobile app (iOS version) that depicts French airspace classifications/restrictions for drones. Can anyone point me to that?

Merci!
DRONE ASSIST does this job. Zoom in on the world map to the specific area you are likely to fly in and officially registered NFZ's and temporary restrictions will load.

Reactions: Aerophile
Drone assist is pretty good, but here is some additional info.

And this is the official French UAS restriction map. It may give more info than drone assist but there is no app and if you don't speak French you will spend a lot of time copying and pasting into google translate. I found it good for advanced planning when I went last.

Got it (well, both of them, kinda sorta).

There *is* an iOS version of Geoportail, I just installed it on my iPad. Got Drone Assist, too.

Geoportail is indeed entirely in French. I can deal with that (there's really not much text you need to read, it seems mostly self-explanatory - especially if you also look at Drone Assist - and I can muddle through most of that). Yeah, big blocks of restricted airspace, as I was expecting (though where I'm going, there's a fair amount of open airspace, too, so looks like it'll be worth it to bring the drone). This should be interesting...

Thanks for the pointers!

Got it (well, both of them, kinda sorta).

There *is* an iOS version of Geoportail, I just installed it on my iPad. Got Drone Assist, too.

Geoportail is indeed entirely in French. I can deal with that (there's really not much text you need to read, it seems mostly self-explanatory - especially if you also look at Drone Assist - and I can muddle through most of that). Yeah, big blocks of restricted airspace, as I was expecting (though where I'm going, there's a fair amount of open airspace, too, so looks like it'll be worth it to bring the drone). This should be interesting...

Thanks for the pointers!
One of the good things I found with France which is a stark difference to here in the UK is that they have a much more rational approach to restrictions around their airports.

In the immediate vicinity there is an outright ban, but as you get further away from the airport there are zones with height restrictions that get less restrictive the further you are until you get to a sufficient distance that there is no restriction.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147