DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Modded DJI Go app

Andy2278

Reactions
Hi guys. Recently picked up a Mavic Air and am looking to do the FCC mod as am in the UK.

Whilst looking on YouTube I came across the following video....

Has anyone got any thoughts on this or would you stick to the normal FCC mod using XCode (iOS)

Thanks

Andy

Hi guys. Recently picked up a Mavic Air and am looking to do the FCC mod as am in the UK.

Whilst looking on YouTube I came across the following video....

Has anyone got any thoughts on this or would you stick to the normal FCC mod using XCode (iOS)

Thanks

Andy

Are you using Xcode to install the same frida app or are you using a different method all together?

I use to do it this way but I could not get cydia impactor to work after a certain point so I started using Xcode to install a blank app and then signed the same modded DJI Go 4 app he’s using in the video using the provisioning profile made by xcode. That’s what works for me but the two methods ultimately get you to the same place. His method is ultimately fewer steps since Cydia Impactor does it all as one step but if it doesn’t work you are kinda left not knowing what the issue is.

He is a member and has a thread about this somewhere. He insists that the key to making Cydia Impactor work is to follow all his steps exactly so if you try it this way be sure to do that.

Interested to know if you’ve been doing it a different way. There’s no question that the frida modded app works. I live in the US so I use the FCC boost and that probably increases range at least 50% over regular FCC mode. Might be something to the tune of 4 times better range over CE mode. FCC boost that is

Are you using Xcode to install the same frida app or are you using a different method all together?

I use to do it this way but I could not get cydia impactor to work after a certain point so I started using Xcode to install a blank app and then signed the same modded DJI Go 4 app he’s using in the video using the provisioning profile made by xcode. That’s what works for me but the two methods ultimately get you to the same place. His method is ultimately fewer steps since Cydia Impactor does it all as one step but if it doesn’t work you are kinda left not knowing what the issue is.

He is a member and has a thread about this somewhere. He insists that the key to making Cydia Impactor work is to follow all his steps exactly so if you try it this way be sure to do that.

Interested to know if you’ve been doing it a different way. There’s no question that the frida modded app works. I live in the US so I use the FCC boost and that probably increases range at least 50% over regular FCC mode. Might be something to the tune of 4 times better range over CE mode. FCC boost that is

Thanks for the in-depth reply! I’ve not done either method yet. The Xcode one is as you’ve described, but setting up the blank app with a US location, letting the MA change the WiFi to FCC, then going back to normal on the phone but cancelling the prompt to switch WiFi back to CE.

Going to try installing the Modded Go4 app later and will comment on how it goes.
Not really flown the MA much yet as only had it a couple of days and the weather hasn’t been great.
Previously I had the P3A with Lightbridge which had great range and Video feed. It’ll be interesting to test using the modded app on both CE and FCC and using the boost! Will install and hopefully fly tomorrow!!

Thanks for the in-depth reply! I’ve not done either method yet. The Xcode one is as you’ve described, but setting up the blank app with a US location, letting the MA change the WiFi to FCC, then going back to normal on the phone but cancelling the prompt to switch WiFi back to CE.

Going to try installing the Modded Go4 app later and will comment on how it goes.
Not really flown the MA much yet as only had it a couple of days and the weather hasn’t been great.
Previously I had the P3A with Lightbridge which had great range and Video feed. It’ll be interesting to test using the modded app on both CE and FCC and using the boost! Will install and hopefully fly tomorrow!!

Sounds good! One thing I’ve noticed with the modded app is to
> open the app and choose the frequency settings you want
>turn on the remote and wait for the RC to connect to the app(usually vibrates)
>Then turn on the Mavic

This just ensures that the remote is already locked into FCC and boost before connecting to the aircraft.

Sounds good! One thing I’ve noticed with the modded app is to
> open the app and choose the frequency settings you want
>turn on the remote and wait for the RC to connect to the app(usually vibrates)
>Then turn on the Mavic

This just ensures that the remote is already locked into FCC and boost before connecting to the aircraft.

I don’t suppose you know where I can find some more info on the mods by any chance?
Which ones work on the MA
What does the boost do (power wise)?
Differences between the frequencies etc

Thanks in advance

I don’t suppose you know where I can find some more info on the mods by any chance?
Which ones work on the MA
What does the boost do (power wise)?
Differences between the frequencies etc

Thanks in advance

CE=0.1 watts
FCC=0.4w
FCC Boost=1.5watts

Range isn’t a linear response to power it’s something like 3:1 ratio(I’m making this up but you get the gist) so you double your range each time you triple the power(again this is very approximate)

2.5 GHz is usually used by mobile LTE signals(at least in the US) so sometimes if you are in a congested area with lots of people using wi-fi routers on 2.4 GHz switching to 2.5 can help because it’s less congested but you’ll have to play with it to see what works in your area. You also lose the 5.8 GHz channel if you use 2.5 so it’s a very narrow case you’d use 2.3 or 2.5

Reactions: Andy2278
Hi @brett8883, can you please answer me this:

Does FCC Boost impact how long the battery of the remote controller lasts (MAVIC AIR)? And if so, how badly?

Many thanks!

Hi @brett8883, can you please answer me this:

Does FCC Boost impact how long the battery of the remote controller lasts (MAVIC AIR)? And if so, how badly?

Many thanks!

Definitely. I have a Mavic Pro so I don’t know on the air. I still get at least an entire day of flying out of it but before I could go two or more days without charging the remote

CE=0.1 watts
FCC=0.4w
FCC Boost=1.5watts

Range isn’t a linear response to power it’s something like 3:1 ratio(I’m making this up but you get the gist) so you double your range each time you triple the power(again this is very approximate)

2.5 GHz is usually used by mobile LTE signals(at least in the US) so sometimes if you are in a congested area with lots of people using wi-fi routers on 2.4 GHz switching to 2.5 can help because it’s less congested but you’ll have to play with it to see what works in your area. You also lose the 5.8 GHz channel if you use 2.5 so it’s a very narrow case you’d use 2.3 or 2.5

That’s excellent thanks for the info.
Obviously I’m not “supposed “ to be in FCC here in the UK, but if I am and using boost, will I be likely to cause anyone any issues/interference etc? Just wondering as I often fly from my back garden!...don’t really want to black out my neighbours!

That’s excellent thanks for the info.
Obviously I’m not “supposed “ to be in FCC here in the UK, but if I am and using boost, will I be likely to cause anyone any issues/interference etc? Just wondering as I often fly from my back garden!...don’t really want to black out my neighbours!

It’s not that strong lol.

My understanding from a YT video is you need 2 things.
1) FakeGPs app (Android, not sure about Apple)
2) Some common sense.
Proceed as follows: Install FakeGPS, tell it you're in the US. Start DJIGo4. When you get the prompt let it change the Wifi channels.
turn off FakeGPS. Congrats, it's now in FCC mode in the EU without any special modded DJIGo app.
Restart DJIGo4. When you get the message about being in another country just hit cancel. Just do this every time it asks you when you fire it up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh