DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mode combinations?

NoPro

Reactions
Is it possible to have the Mavic track a subject whilst in tripod mode, for example?

Similarly if you have it follow a pre-flown course, will it match orientation and gimble angle when it re-flies it?

Thanks for any help on this. . .

Neither of those things are possible.

Reactions: The Editor
seems a sensible thing for them to do. I will be looking forward to that. I would think it's just a software request and that the hardware is already more than capable...

Another combination I would hope to use (...eventually....:confused:) is terrain follow mode while it's in profile track mode for example. I like the idea of having it track a subject in profile while I run up or down a hill, will it ascend/descend with me or just track from a fixed ASL? I know from the DJI advert that it will trace a subject in TF mode....

They may be processor bound on combining some functionality. If tracking uses up enough of the CPU time there may not be enough bandwidth to combine it with tripod mode. Although I agree it would be awesome if it could.

Reactions: NoPro
Is it possible to have the Mavic track a subject whilst in tripod mode, for example?

Similarly if you have it follow a pre-flown course, will it match orientation and gimble angle when it re-flies it?

Litchi has the second feature you asked about. It's a pretty great program, I don't know if they fully support the Mavic yet but I'm sure they will soon. I like to use the waypoint filght plan to refly the same path around a construction site once a week and then put it together into a kind of timelapse of the project. It looks really cool!

Reactions: NoPro
Thanks
I'll give litchi a go when they've finished it. I read they were waiting on the drone to arrive so they could test their software on it.

I think Litchi is busy working on trying to include the Mavic so I have seen some place else.

Maybe someone can help me.
What is the extra avantages of using litchi (for $30. )
dji go do the same thing? no?

Last edited:
Using Litchi you can create waypoint missions from the comfort of your favorite lounge chair and then run the saved missions on-site with your drone.

If you want to see it in action go to you tube or google and search "dirty bird" + "Baltimore" + "follow the leader". Also keep in mind while you watch that it's all while signal is lost... it's all autonomous.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

My vote is to be able to do panoramic shots with the portrait mode while in tripod mode. That combo is it possible either, right?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ