DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mode_gentle_cfg_vert_vel_up

Patiko

Reactions
Hi All,
Does enyone using MAX ascent setting for DJI Mavic Air 2?

I meaning:

mode_gentle_cfg_vert_vel_up=10 (36km/h)

Is it prity normal to use 10/36km/h at ascent for motors? :)

Thank you all in advance

I am using this setting (10m/s ascent) but I am not pushing it, I use it momentarily not for a prolong period of time. I am, same as you, curious how long you can safely ascent at 10m/s, my concern would be battery not motors.... guess if one would to push it you would get a notification about either battery or motors (temp, etc..)

Don't worry to push it to 10 m/s. The firmware will not allow to overload the motors, and will just display a "Max motor load reached. Fly with caution" warning if you push too hard. This protection is there for non-hack scenarios like when you try to fly against strong wind.
My experience is that by default you can ascend at 10m/s AND fly forward at 11m/s (normal mode max) at the same time, but in case of wind or lower battery you'll get a warning and ascent rate will be lower.

Reactions: Patiko and Korrd
Correct.

You guys worry too much about going outside the drone's flight envelope. The truth is its control software won't let you since param modification only lets you go as high as the firmware allows and still stay safe.

Short version: let the drone worry for you, and don't be afraid to punish it to its limits.

Reactions: Patiko
Hi All,
Does enyone using MAX ascent setting for DJI Mavic Air 2?

I meaning:

mode_gentle_cfg_vert_vel_up=10 (36km/h)

Is it prity normal to use 10/36km/h at ascent for motors? :)

Thank you all in advance
How do you put it in gentle mode? I set it to 10 m/s but there's no difference because it needs to be in gentle mode.

set it on the Remote to Tripod mode
Tripod mode is even slower than normal or sport modes. I am trying to increase the vertical speed of my Air 2 to match that of the Air 2S. Normal and sport modes are capped at 4 m/s, compared to 6 m/s for the Air 2S. In the parameters, "Gentle" mode is the only one that can be increased up to 10 m/s, but I'm not sure how to enter this mode. Why does the Air 2S climb faster? Is it a hardware difference, or just a software change?

As @prz3mk0 said, you "enter" gentle mode, also called tripod mode or cinema mode, by sliding the mode selector to the very left on the controller. I confirm that my Air2 can climb and descend with 10m/s, so there is no power or hardware limitation preventing it, only software.
The default 4m/s cap is there because at 10m/s the vertical braking distance is large. At 4m/s as soon as you let go of the stick, the drone stabilizes, so it is a good choice for the general audience.

As @prz3mk0 said, you "enter" gentle mode, also called tripod mode or cinema mode, by sliding the mode selector to the very left on the controller. I confirm that my Air2 can climb and descend with 10m/s, so there is no power or hardware limitation preventing it, only software.
The default 4m/s cap is there because at 10m/s the vertical braking distance is large. At 4m/s as soon as you let go of the stick, the drone stabilizes, so it is a good choice for the general audience.
Tripod mode is not the same as gentle mode. In the parameters, tripod mode is capped at 1 m/s. Switching the controller to tripod mode makes the drone ascend even slower. What parameters did you change to make yours ascend faster?

Tripod mode is not the same as gentle mode. In the parameters, tripod mode is capped at 1 m/s. Switching the controller to tripod mode makes the drone ascend even slower. What parameters did you change to make yours ascend faster?
You’re right, sorry.

To choose gentle mode (instead of tripod mode) when switching left:

fswitch_selection|g_config.control.control_mode[0] to 6

All parameters that need to be changed:

mode_gentle_cfg_vert_vel_up to 10
mode_gentle_cfg_vert_vel_down to -10
mode_gentle_cfg_tors_gyro_range to 50
vert_vel_down_adding_max to -10

You’re right, sorry.

To choose gentle mode (instead of tripod mode) when switching left:

All parameters that need to be changed:

mode_gentle_cfg_vert_vel_up to 10
mode_gentle_cfg_vert_vel_down to -10
mode_gentle_cfg_tors_gyro_range to 50
vert_vel_down_adding_max to -10
It's working now, thanks. Is there a way to disable the force landing when the battery gets low?

It's working now, thanks. Is there a way to disable the force landing when the battery gets low?
Yes, also the annoying beeping can be disabled.

Search for “battery” in the parameters and switch “action” variable to 0. I don’t have the drone with me so I can’t name the exact variable but it will be self explanatory. For the warning and the beep look for a variable which is 15 by default (critical battery warning at 15%) and set to 0. I didn’t find a way to disable the lowered critical battery drone performance though.

Yes, also the annoying beeping can be disabled.

Search for “battery” in the parameters and switch “action” variable to 0. I don’t have the drone with me so I can’t name the exact variable but it will be self explanatory. For the warning and the beep look for a variable which is 15 by default (critical battery warning at 15%) and set to 0. I didn’t find a way to disable the lowered critical battery drone performance though.
Thanks. Regarding your previous post, why do the parameters (mode_gentle_cfg_tors_gyro_range and vert_vel_down_adding_max) need to be changed?

Hello, I would like to leave the cine mode and the normal mode as they are and I would only want to change the sport mode to maximum acceleration speed and deceleration speed.
Which parameters do I have to change exactly.
I assume these are:
g_config_mode_sport_cfg_vert_vel_up
g_config_mode_sport_cfg_vert_vel_down
vert_vel_down_adding_max
Am I correct?

Last edited:
Hello
ok i found something
if i want to change the sport mode i have to type this:

fswitch_selection_1\|g_config.control.control_mode\
mode_gentle_cfg_vert_vel_up_0 6
mode_gentle_cfg_vert_vel_down_0 -8
vert_vel_down_adding_max_0 -10
mode_gentle_cfg_tors_gyro_range_0 100

so far everything is clear, that's what I did.
But why don't I have any obstacle detection sensors in cine mode?
But I have them in sport mode. where is the error?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405