DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Modified Mavic Pro firmware - how to deal with it

IgorD2

Reactions
Hello everyone,
found a Mavic Pro that I intend to buy (had few really old "dummy" quadcopters before and also P2 V+, have no experience with modern quadcopters), seller is a good friend, otherwise I would not give such amount of money for a used quadcopter.

Anyway, as a plus he stated that firmware is altered and that there are no NFZ, also that strength of the control signal is increased and there are some other "improvements".

Not having experience with smart drones like Mavic I believed that that is some kind of alternative firmware (like we used before on android phones) but he said that that is the official DJI firmware with deleted folders containing information about the Mavic signal strength and NFZ, therefore - since the Mavic cant read information about that, it does not check zones and also use full signal strenght (he said that signal is boosted like 15x with that modification).

I like the idea of having the stronger signal because I believe that that will help me to keep the good connection during the flight but that NFZ removal is not important to me at all because I plan to use it as an amateur and do not have any nasty plans about law violation despite the fact that we dont have the any laws regarding the drones where I live (but NFZ around the airports etc - exist).

Anyway, my concern is, can I eventually replace that "mod" with regular firmware if needed and is it enough just to click "update" or I have to perform some "hack".

Should I ask my friend before the transaction to revert the Mavic to factory condition regarding the firmware, and is the official last upgrade reliable and good to apply (had bad experiences with some P2 firmware versions).

Please take a note that I am not a violator or plan to violate anything, just want to have nice and useful Mavic which I can trust during the flying, its a lot of money for me so dont want to take any risk during the flight (therefore I would like to have stronger signal because couple of times had bad experiences with P2).

Best wishes and thank you for your time!

Hello everyone,
found a Mavic Pro that I intend to buy (had few really old "dummy" quadcopters before and also P2 V+, have no experience with modern quadcopters), seller is a good friend, otherwise I would not give such amount of money for a used quadcopter.

Anyway, as a plus he stated that firmware is altered and that there are no NFZ, also that strength of the control signal is increased and there are some other "improvements".

Not having experience with smart drones like Mavic I believed that that is some kind of alternative firmware (like we used before on android phones) but he said that that is the official DJI firmware with deleted folders containing information about the Mavic signal strength and NFZ, therefore - since the Mavic cant read information about that, it does not check zones and also use full signal strenght (he said that signal is boosted like 15x with that modification).

I like the idea of having the stronger signal because I believe that that will help me to keep the good connection during the flight but that NFZ removal is not important to me at all because I plan to use it as an amateur and do not have any nasty plans about law violation despite the fact that we dont have the any laws regarding the drones where I live (but NFZ around the airports etc - exist).

Anyway, my concern is, can I eventually replace that "mod" with regular firmware if needed and is it enough just to click "update" or I have to perform some "hack".

Should I ask my friend before the transaction to revert the Mavic to factory condition regarding the firmware, and is the official last upgrade reliable and good to apply (had bad experiences with some P2 firmware versions).

Please take a note that I am not a violator or plan to violate anything, just want to have nice and useful Mavic which I can trust during the flying, its a lot of money for me so dont want to take any risk during the flight (therefore I would like to have stronger signal because couple of times had bad experiences with P2).

Best wishes and thank you for your time!
Have a look at this site nolimitdronez.com

Reactions: IgorD2
Thank you Mavic999, to me that web page does not look to confident but seems to be that people use that mods without problems (yt videos), I still have to find is it possible to remove it without consequences if needed.

Would like to minimize the possibility of the problems during the flight and despite that I dont trust DJI too much (because a lof of the fw problems in the past) still I trust them just a bit more than to independent modders.

Thank you the sharing of the knowledge and best wishes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming