DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Moisture detected in USB port

FlyingDutchman90

Reactions
Hello everyone,

Recently bought a DJI mini 2 and it's my first drone. Now I was trying to set up everything for my first flight, but I cannot seem to connect my phone to the controller due to moisture detection.

So whenever I open the Go Fly app and I connect my phone (LG G6) to the controller, sooner or later I get a notification on my phone that moisture was detected in the USB ports and that I should disconnect the cable. However, if right away I try to simply charge my phone with my regular charger, there seems to be no moisture problem so I don't really get it. I try to manually dry both the cable of the controller and the USB port of my phone but I keep on getting the same notification.. Now I live in a location with very high humidity, for sure. But since I'm able to charge my phone normally I don't believe the humidity is truly the problem.

So now I'm wondering if there are other people who had this problem?
And if so, is there an easy solution for this?

Thank you very much in advance.

I had a wierd problem a while back with a phone that got rained on, the USB connection started to play up. Ultimately I found a thread that gave the following suggestion.

Settings> Apps> Show System Apps> USBSettings> Storage> Clear Cache then Clear data then restart.

If your problem persists it might be worth trying. The phone has been problem free since then.

I’ve seen this. Tried a different cable and it worked.
Considering that I have no problem with moisture when I charge my phone with its charger, I do feel that the cable is the problem. I assume any USB-C to USB-C cable is compatible?

I had a wierd problem a while back with a phone that got rained on, the USB connection started to play up. Ultimately I found a thread that gave the following suggestion.

Settings> Apps> Show System Apps> USBSettings> Storage> Clear Cache then Clear data then restart.

If your problem persists it might be worth trying. The phone has been problem free since then.
Hmm.. I had a look and I didn't see ant folder USB Settings.. Was this on an LG G6 that you tried this?

No, a Samsung S6. It was just a thought, maybe it relates only to Samsungs.

Considering that I have no problem with moisture when I charge my phone with its charger, I do feel that the cable is the problem. I assume any USB-C to USB-C cable is compatible?
USB to USB C? I don’t have the mini 2
so I can’t say what plugs in to that one.

Hello everyone,

Recently bought a DJI mini 2 and it's my first drone. Now I was trying to set up everything for my first flight, but I cannot seem to connect my phone to the controller due to moisture detection.

So whenever I open the Go Fly app and I connect my phone (LG G6) to the controller, sooner or later I get a notification on my phone that moisture was detected in the USB ports and that I should disconnect the cable. However, if right away I try to simply charge my phone with my regular charger, there seems to be no moisture problem so I don't really get it. I try to manually dry both the cable of the controller and the USB port of my phone but I keep on getting the same notification.. Now I live in a location with very high humidity, for sure. But since I'm able to charge my phone normally I don't believe the humidity is truly the problem.

I have the same problem with my Mavic Air 2. Almost every time I plug my Samsung Galaxy 8 into my controller and turn on the controller I get the moisture warning on my phone. My work-around is to simply turn the phone off and on again. Then it always works with no more warning.

Actually yesterday I was able to get connection between my phone and my controller. I cleaned the USB ports of my phone as much as possible and I put the cable and my phone close to the heater for a while and then it worked,
It's still a bit strange that I was able to charge my phone but not plug it in the controller the other day, but it worked once now at least.
If the problem comes back I think I will try to buy a new USB cable..
Thank you for your comments!

No, a standard cable will not work. It must be an OTG cable (which allows the phone to work as a USB host instead of a peripheral) or you can use a standard cable with an OTG adapter.

Hello everyone,

Hi I see your post is in 2021 I have the same problem and tried everything ,changed cables try to clean ports ,put in infront of heater prblem persist.Did you get any solution with yours yet ?

I had this problem constantly with my Samsung Galaxy S8. Every time I plugged it in and started the app I would get the Moisture warning. The solution that worked 100% of the time was simply to shut my phone down and power it up again.

Hi I see your post is in 2021 I have the same problem and tried everything ,changed cables try to clean ports ,put in infront of heater prblem persist.Did you get any solution with yours yet ?
It is still problematic for me as well.... As already mentioned, restarting the phone is the first step.. Also, I notice that when it's windy it's more likely, so I try to connect my phone in a place where I can hide from the wind as much as possible... Also if the cable is cold, it's more likely to give the moisture error, so I try to keep the cable warm in my hands before I connect it. Finally, I also notice it's better to turn on the controller and THEN connect the cable. If I connect the cable before I turn on the controller I get the moisture warning more often.... It's really annoying, but in my case, if I keep on restarting my phone, at some point it works...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag