DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Monitors

Bikedrone

Reactions
Hi all, I'm looking for a little advice.
I currently have a Mavic 2 Zoom and use an iPad mini for a monitor. I love the Mavic but the mini is weak in visibility (brightness). So I recently purchased the DJI googles and couldn't get them to turn on or connect so I had to send them back. In hindsight, and after hours of internet reviews of the Crystal Sky and the DJI goggles I'm thoroughly concerned whether either offers a seamless upgrade in the experience. Neither of them have gotten great reviews. Poor fit, weight and flight control distance with the goggles and dependability and connectivity of the monitor. Just to mention a few.

Any thoughts out there

Reactions: mereflyer
If its brightness as your main concern then the only thing I can think of as an alternative is the new Smart Controller. It will have great brightness and connection etc. You can still use your phone as a hot spot so you get maps etc?

Hi @Bikedrone,
It’s too bad the iPad mini is obsolete. It was a great pad and nice size.
I upgraded to an iPad Pro and love it! I put a padihat sunshade on if there isn’t shade, but that’s fairly rare.
The problem I see with CS or the new Smart Controller, is it’s pretty limited to your flight bag.

Reactions: dirkclod
400 for 4 gen iPad mini on apple,com.

Woh. Paid less for new giant iPad

Bought a 7.85 Crystalsky and not had one problem with it, great brightness and easy to use, best thing i have bought for my Mavic Pro so far.

I prefer to have a dedicated monitor to my Drone, settled on the CS 5.5, right size for me and nice and bright

I’m using both the 5.5” and 7.8” CrystalSky monitors and they work really well. It’s really nice to not have to worry about bright sun being a factor anymore.

I’m using both the 5.5” and 7.8” CrystalSky monitors and they work really well. It’s really nice to not have to worry about bright sun being a factor anymore.
I agree, i have been out on some really bright days and still great, i was very dubious about spending the money on it but after using it i wish i had got it sooner.

If its brightness as your main concern then the only thing I can think of as an alternative is the new Smart Controller. It will have great brightness and connection etc. You can still use your phone as a hot spot so you get maps etc?
This maybe more interesting to the Seniors or those with challenged eyesight among us.

As many of you have indicated in these Forums, I also had difficulty viewing my screen.

My 10.5" Samsung "Tab A" was too big to fit in arms of controller, so I made this "wearable" ground station".

I now have a much more realistic and enjoyable experience flying my MP1 and can highly recommend this, as the "ultimate" way to fly any drone with improved, more precise control, due to the wrist supports which compensates for my shaky hands. (sounds familiar?)

Together with the 100% improvement in screen visibility, This clumsy looking device is the answer to a problem that "spoils the fun".

Anyone interested enough can PM me for more details etc...

Happy flying fellow pilots!
DJI_0370.JPGDJI_0372.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
I'm definitely interested in learning more. PM coming sir.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803