DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mont Saint Michel

caronfd

Reactions
I'm visiting Normandie in France. I plan to bring my drone with me. I'm registered as pilot in Europe (I live in US).
I would love to fly around Mont Saint-Michel but I learned that now drones are prohibited in the area. Does anyone have experience with authorization there? I'm under the impression that it is close to impossible.
Also, if anyone has flown drones recently in the Normandy shore (beaches), I would appreciate.

Hi, I was there this summer. You can only fly around Mont Saint-Michel from far away, but you can still see it pretty good. The Beaches in Normandie are not that restricted, you just have to watch how high you are allowed to fly.

Here is a great app for flying (if you are on android)-> geoportail - Android Apps on Google Play

Here is a great app for flying (if you are on android)-> geoportail - Android Apps on Google Play
Centre of the red circle
i-gtTLfwp-L.jpg

With a drone that has zoom capabilities it would seem you should be able to get some great shots Welcome to Europe!

I'm visiting Normandie in France. I plan to bring my drone with me. I'm registered as pilot in Europe (I live in US).
I would love to fly around Mont Saint-Michel but I learned that now drones are prohibited in the area. Does anyone have experience with authorization there? I'm under the impression that it is close to impossible.
Also, if anyone has flown drones recently in the Normandy shore (beaches), I would appreciate.
I was at Saint mont michel last month on a visit and its a no-fly zone. I observed some light aircrafts and gliders circling around the area.
There are also regular patrols of police (gendearmerie) and the armed vigipirate (military men).
I'd advice you not to fly your drone there as the risk of getting caught is high and you risk getting fined.

I'd recommend Etretat as a good place to get some good drone shots.

Reactions: Aerophile
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope