Join Us Now

More coverage of the US DOI review of DJI equipment

sar104

Dic mihi solum facta, domina.
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.mavicpilots.com
It's only a matter of time for DJI to be shut down in the US, private drones cover the same areas as the public ones so why wouldn't they be banned as well.
Maybe they could introduce more restricted zones for sensitive flight areas like they have in Spain.

What's funny is that I wouldn't put it past DJI to spy.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward for the new eu drone law. One regulary for the whole eu. Think this can be nice for traveling and after july 2020 its possible to fly with So you dosen't need to check the rules in every eu state.

The attitute limit is raised to 120m.

Reactions: netsonic
It's only a matter of time for DJI to be shut down in the US, private drones cover the same areas as the public ones so why wouldn't they be banned as well.
Maybe they could introduce more restricted zones for sensitive flight areas like they have in Spain.

What's funny is that I wouldn't put it past DJI to spy.

No - that's not going to happen.

Reactions: Thomas B and Gindra
While I DO think a lot of this has to do with our king, I also think that some of the caution has more to do with the software and drivers that we install on our computers to maintain the DJI hardware.

If this is true, then I do not think that our personal use of these machines will be affected. Only government installations that fear installation of rogue software on their networks will be impacted.

I really don't think DOI is worried about the images the little cameras and tiny image sensors will show the Chinese.

But this is just my own opinion.

Sorry! This is a no go. :) We are also part of the EU and I would like to keep my rights to fly.

This BBC article provides a fairly balanced report of the issue:

Decent report... but the very beginning is erroneous where it says in bold about banning all civilian drone flights, ....while FAA prepares yet another 107 exam. Maybe intended as sensationalism... maybe just misunderstanding by a reporter from across the pond.

Of course, whatever you want to call it. :)
We only have flights prohibited with common sense, like near airports, military installations, sports stadiums and natural ecosystems like the Danube Delta. Well others have far more restrictions in place.

Decent report... but the very beginning is erroneous where it says in bold about banning all civilian drone flights, ....while FAA prepares yet another 107 exam. Maybe intended as sensationalism... maybe just misunderstanding by a reporter from across the pond.

Actually the report is accurate - it is referring to the DOI civilian drone program to distinguish it from DOD military drone programs.

Reactions: Thomas B

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan