DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

More quiet propellers worthwhile?

I installed new MAS props on my Mavic Air the other day. Better/softer sound, yes. Longer flight time, not measurably in this first outing. I also ended up with one prop that had damage to both tips after about 20 minutes of flight time? Hit a bug? The MAS props are very thin and perhaps more fragile. Just my .02....

Another 20 minutes or so of flying on one battery today with plenty of reserve, so I’m ready to say that the battery life is improved. However, another prop has damaged tips. They are definitely thinner and more fragile.

What settings are you supposed to change? Ordered props the other day should be delivered today or tomorrow. I’m new to the Mavic Air and DJI drones

Bought 2nd generation. Flew with them for over 2 months. Thought I liked them because they were quieter (read on). Started to get drift ..... pano mode faultered as the drift was so bad. Put the OEM’s back on 3 days ago and Drift Begone. Re noise, think most of what I thought was quieter was a figment. Better a drone than flies true. The Stealth props are definitely more flimsy. Maybe they warped.

Reactions: Hopper13
Just been away camping over the weekend and have used the MAS props the whole time with MAS recommended gain settings - except for one flight.

Noticed that with the MAS props I was getting a slight yaw occurrence, so I switched back to OEM props for one flight as mentioned above.
Yaw issue went away, then I realised mid flight I didn't change the gain settings back to 100 across the board for OEM props. (AC was still set for MAS props while I was using OEM props).

So I switched back to MAS props kept all gain settings as MAS recommendation except for yaw - I backed the settings down from 95 as recommended by MAS to 90 - yaw issue never returned for all flights there after.

Perhaps the recommended settings are still a touch too high for the MAS props?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin