DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

More sharks and a Tarpon

jimmy_jak

Reactions
So I've come to realize I don't enjoy video editing at all. I'll never be an advanced editor. My videos will always be basic and I'm fine with that.

This past Friday at New Smyrna Jetty. Sharks were at the third sandbar about 150yds offshore. Caught a single BIG tarpon cruising which was the highlight for me. I'd estimate 6ft long, which is well over 100lbs.

A friend who spotted pogies from a Piper Cub for commercial boats decades ago used to catch big tarpon he could see from the air. This was back when Carolina Coast beaches were so sparsely populated he could land if the tide was right and surf cast with the equipment he kept in his plane.

So I've come to realize I don't enjoy video editing at all. I'll never be an advanced editor. My videos will always be basic and I'm fine with that.

This past Friday at New Smyrna Jetty. Sharks were at the third sandbar about 150yds offshore. Caught a single BIG tarpon cruising which was the highlight for me. I'd estimate 6ft long, which is well over 100lbs.

Nice, I went to college in Daytona

dum,dum,dum,dum!!!!!!! We're gonna need a bigger drone!

But seriously, I get that you do not like video editing but please, some shortening of the footage and music would be nice.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Very beautiful area, where exactly is this area, New Smyrna Jetty. Really liked all the vehicles on the beach, if I can find it,
would like to visit the area. I am not much for doing video editing any more either, did that for video taping weddings, just does not interest me edit video any more. I try to shoot short clips, reduce editing time, I enjoyed you flying along side the vehicles on the beach.

Nice video!!! I wouldn't know a tarpon from a tuna, but I do recognize the sharks. <G>

Very beautiful area, where exactly is this area, New Smyrna Jetty. Really liked all the vehicles on the beach, if I can find it,
would like to visit the area. I am not much for doing video editing any more either, did that for video taping weddings, just does not interest me edit video any more. I try to shoot short clips, reduce editing time, I enjoyed you flying along side the vehicles on the beach.
This the north most driving area of the new Smyrna Beach. It's at the jetty. The north side of the jetty is the Ponce side. It's Ponce I let basically.

Beachway Ave and N Atlantic Ave

You'll need FAA clearance to fly and it's only 50ft ago. I get it for a month at a time and go most weekends.

I love driving because it gives me a chance to throw the Wrangler in 4x4 and kick some sand :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drsmurph