DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trying to decide if I should return the Mini 3 Pro and just get a Mini 2 FMC? Help me decide!

Look at the Mavic 3 now. Like with any new product it takes awhile to work out the kinks - that's the price you pay for being an early adopter. If I was you and I would just keep it because the only thing that seems to be a downside for you is the early disconnects. They will be worked out in a future firmware update. The DJI RC with the built in screen is a great deal. If you still feel you can't live with things the way they are now then as I said in my earlier post you can always return it or have DJI take a look at it.

Chris

Quality isn't about everyday shooting and going through videos. It is that one special photo or video that the best quality is important and then you will regret not spending the extra money for the brand new technology. DJI will fix most of the problems or other platforms will take it away. I am extra extra extra pleased with my M3. The only inconvenience I had was when I clicked on do not fly sideways. Even then I was utterly impressed with everything about the drone

Which do you think you will prefer 2 years from now: Mini 3 Pro with technology that's 2 years old or the 2 which is older technology to be obsolete sooner?
If you really prefer the older technology then used might be a better option to save cost.

Reactions: Dbez1 and PAW
The M3P has one stellar advantage the RC. Having a self contained display and controller. I have had over 40 drones in 7 years, the self contained RC units are invaluble. No matter what you try to do with a cell phone Android or iOS there always seems to be something coming up that you didnot expect because you are using a open system .

I am up in the air in 60 seconds . I had the same on my Mavice 2E DUO it was gerat no messing around.
Even my old Yuneec H480 had a self contained display in 2016 and I still use it. Granted it cost more to embed
a display however, wel worth it in my open. I don't want to take phone calls or read email and texts when flying.

I just got my mini 3 about 10 days ago and find it is a really well engineered drone. Far better then my Mini and Mini 2.

I wish it had HDMI out so I could use my Skyzone goggles however, maybe that will in the future.

Reactions: 3dphotodrone
If you have some extra cash buy the Air 2S combo. The Air 2S is an awesome drone and most likely best bang for the money
OP is in Canada. The laws up here are more stringent for the Air 2S compared to any of the Minis, both in terms of pilot certification and limits on where you can fly.

In terms of aircraft capabilities you are right — it's a better machine. Depending on the OP's circumstances it may or may not be a good aircraft for them.

Reactions: Dbez1
OP is in Canada. The laws up here are more stringent for the Air 2S compared to any of the Minis, both in terms of pilot certification and limits on where you can fly.

In terms of aircraft capabilities you are right — it's a better machine. Depending on the OP's circumstances it may or may not be a good aircraft for them.
Yeah I'm strictly not going over 250g because I dont want to deal with the headache that comes with them in Canada, not to mention the attention they draw with their size and sound

What I'm thinking is like, will the Mini 2 give me more than 50% of what the Mini 3 does? Because The mini 3 ends up costing me double (or even slightly more) than what the M2 fly more does
Loss 30% of a quality picture has major impact, but I flying is what you enjoy and you plan to stay a hobbist posting to your own socal media, Mini 2 is great, it is a very good drone. The big issue for me with the mini is having the RC controller over a phone, once you use a smart controller, hard to use anything Elsie, just my experance. I don’t think you can compare photo or video quality by percentage to compare other drones, tough call, personal call. I can tell you in the 3 years I have been flying with DJI drones, I never regretted spending the extra money to get the drone that impressed me the most. Good luck and have fun flying, no one should suffer from buyer remorse.

Reactions: Dbez1
What I'm thinking is like, will the Mini 2 give me more than 50% of what the Mini 3 does? Because The mini 3 ends up costing me double (or even slightly more) than what the M2 fly more does
Not sure exactly what you are going to use the drone for? The still and video quality is not much different to those of the M3. Posting your pix on social media and the like you will not tell the difference. It's only when you start enlarging the images that you will notice. The M2 produces 24Mb RAW (DNG) images. I have never had any problems with it.

@shadow3467 ,if drawing attention to yourself ,with the size and sound your drone provides is so important ,then if you have a Mini 3 Pro then, in those regards you are already streets ahead ,it is actually the quietest ,in regards to the sound it makes while flying ,to any drone i have ever flown ,or heard ,at the end of the day its you ,who has to make a decision on your next move ,no one else can make that for you ,all that the other posters on this thread are doing, is giving their opinion on what you should ,or should not do ,and this thread can go on and on and on ,but nothing will change ,till you decide what you want to do

Not sure exactly what you are going to use the drone for? The still and video quality is not much different to those of the M3. Posting your pix on social media and the like you will not tell the difference. It's only when you start enlarging the images that you will notice. The M2 produces 24Mb RAW (DNG) images. I have never had any problems with it.
Mainly posting pictures on social media but Im not sure if the M2 pics will look as good as the M3 does, the M3 takes REALLY good pictures

Attachments

• Cathedral-2.jpg
    Cathedral-2.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 12
You’re unhappy now, nothing to lose by trying the mm2..at half the price. It’s also returnable if still unhappy. Just do it.

Yeah thanks, I already saw that video. I feel like I've scoured every single mini 2 vs mini 3 comparison video and post but I'm still having a hard time deciding.

Honestly I feel like if my Mini 3 fly more pack had already shipped/arrived, I'd be feeling different and would stick with the 3

Check back in with us after you've made a decision. Flip a coin if you have to.

One thing I just noticed is the Mini3 is rated for -10c to 40c weather, whereas the Mini2 is rated for 0c to 40c.

Do you think that's an actual thing or is it just marketing bullcrap? Because that extra 10 degrees of operrating temp would actually make quite a difference for me living in Canada

Yeah thanks, I already saw that video. I feel like I've scoured every single mini 2 vs mini 3 comparison video and post but I'm still having a hard time deciding.

Honestly I feel like if my Mini 3 fly more pack had already shipped/arrived, I'd be feeling different and would stick with the 3
But it's coming so...

One thing I just noticed is the Mini3 is rated for -10c to 40c weather, whereas the Mini2 is rated for 0c to 40c.

Do you think that's an actual thing or is it just marketing bullcrap? Because that extra 10 degrees of operrating temp would actually make quite a difference for me living in Canada
It's "an actual thing" not "just marketing bullcrap". The rating means that the gimbal on the Mini 3 can handle temperatures down to -10ºC which is an important consideration if you want to fly your drone year round in Canada. For example, my Spark which was the smallest DJI drone at 300g before the Minis came out is rated down to 0ºC. At temperatures below 0º the gimbal will sometimes stick and will not pitch down its entire range and automated functions like panos will fail or will not complete. When I purchase a drone the temperature rating is crucial factor in my decision. This is one of the reasons why I will likely purchase the Mini 3 when it becomes available as a drone only package rather than purchase a Mini 2. With that being said, I have read many posts on this forum of people flying their Mini 2's in sub zero temps without any problems.

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_