DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 more Snow, Canada. episode no.2 of 4 of the "more" series.

DMD Cine Attic

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
With the amount of rain we get on the West Coast there is no surprise why we get far "more" snow up in the mountains than anywhere else in Canada. Skiing in June is not unusual, this year, with a bit of luck, is shaping up to be one of those years as well. I do remember 1998/1999 record season when chairlifts had to be dug out.

Nice vid! Many thanks

Reactions: DMD Cine Attic
With the amount of rain we get on the West Coast there is no surprise why we get far "more" snow up in the mountains than anywhere else in Canada. Skiing in June is not unusual, this year, with a bit of luck, is shaping up to be one of those years as well. I do remember 1998/1999 record season when chairlifts had to be dug out.
Terrific - National Geographic level work! Could be used as a promotion for the Mini 3 Pro.

Holy avalanche Batman! We write all the time on this forum about "tell a story" with your video, don't just edit together pretty shots put to music. This is a perfect example of that. Great job! I actually felt cold watching this but not just because of the snow, it was because you showed yourself getting ready to go out in the snow with your skis. Allow me to make two suggestions. First, I don't think you needed the shot of the drone itself flying. To me, that shot took me out of the "story." Second, just for fun, you could add a scene at the end where we see your skis coming off your boots CU and being leaned against a wall. Then, an ECU of a rocks glass with bourbon being poured in. Then the glass is lifted our of the shot by a hand. In the background is an out-of-focus fire in a fireplace and we hear a nice soft "Aaaaaah." That's a fitting close to your story...sitting by the rip roaring fire after a cold trek in the mountains and sipping a shot of "Kentucky's finest".

Holy avalanche Batman! We write all the time on this forum about "tell a story" with your video, don't just edit together pretty shots put to music. This is a perfect example of that. Great job! I actually felt cold watching this but not just because of the snow, it was because you showed yourself getting ready to go out in the snow with your skis. Allow me to make two suggestions. First, I don't think you needed the shot of the drone itself flying. To me, that shot took me out of the "story." Second, just for fun, you could add a scene at the end where we see your skis coming off your boots CU and being leaned against a wall. Then, an ECU of a rocks glass with bourbon being poured in. Then the glass is lifted our of the shot by a hand. In the background is an out-of-focus fire in a fireplace and we hear a nice soft "Aaaaaah." That's a fitting close to your story...sitting by the rip roaring fire after a cold trek in the mountains and sipping a shot of "Kentucky's finest".
Lol Dave, if only these trips ended this way :))). If that was shot for a customer that requires such endings you bet I'd have jacuzzi, fireplace, buorbon, Michael Buble and fireworks in it :). This was shot over of number of trips, many times coming home empty handed. Since I like shooting early morning of late evenings, I often ski down with my headlight on. For this thing I sought the changes in weather, hoping to get a few abrupt clearings in cloud layers. You're right, the drone shot does not fit well, I included it as I spent a bit of time getting it somewhat right, one hand tilting my camera on tripod, the other navigating the drone in between trees. M3p worked hard in the fog/clouds, "sweating" heavily, wanted to capture the beads accumulated on its body/arms. It pushed a lot of moisture on my camera, as it hovered just above my head while getting ready, causing tons of condensation on the lens and my camera itself, I stubbornly insisted on having the drone coming directly overhead, so I basically kept constantly wiping off my fogged up camera lens while trying to get this shot, hoping that the droplets quickly accumulating on the camera body don't find their way inside the camera as it is not exactly weather sealed. Anyway, that is why this shot made the cut :). As this video is made for me and my family/friends it makes perfect sense to me, this is what I'm going to remember. My trips end with me coming down way after sunset, tired, making sure I remember taking my boots liners are out to dry, otherwise the next trips is an aromatic torture, grabbing a quick bite, checking and backing up the footage, charging batteries, a shower and crashing the bed. No thoughts of any drink really :), the only thoughts are those of the next attempt to go out there again to fix the shots that did not work out as hoped, "Aaaahhh", I screwed up again :). My ending is more in the way of, this shall continue, again and again and again, not ready for Kentucky's finest just yet. Anyway, M3p performed well in this weather, pleased about that, but moisture accumulation could definitely by an issue in colder tempetures with ice forming, I will test that next season for sure. Thank you for your input, one day I'll go for that Hollywood ending :).

Another Awesome video!

Thank u, appreciated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_