DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Morehead city NC

Toyosupraandy

Reactions
Me and a few friends recently took a fishing trip to Harkers island beside morehead city and I didn't fly much because of the high winds. Not the greatest video ever but I had to make what I could out of the footage I got and I didn't realize until i started editing the video that the camera roll wasn't centered right.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: dirkclod
Nice footage. Looks like the weather was still good even though you had some wind. There is always wind out at Harkers Island, Shackleford Banks and Core Banks. It is one of our favorite places to go kayaking. We are headed out there the 9th of September to do some kayaking and it is the first time I have been since I got the MP so I am looking forward to doing some flying. You aren't allowed to operate from Core Banks or Shackleford Banks since they are in the National Seashore, but Shell Island (which is a tidal island) is just outside the NPS reaches so I hope we can do some flying from there and over to both Shackleford Banks and Carrot Island and Fort Macon.

BTW, my first car was a '79 Supra and my second was an '83.

Reactions: MrsTreat
Nice footage. Looks like the weather was still good even though you had some wind. There is always wind out at Harkers Island, Shackleford Banks and Core Banks. It is one of our favorite places to go kayaking. We are headed out there the 9th of September to do some kayaking and it is the first time I have been since I got the MP so I am looking forward to doing some flying. You aren't allowed to operate from Core Banks or Shackleford Banks since they are in the National Seashore, but Shell Island (which is a tidal island) is just outside the NPS reaches so I hope we can do some flying from there and over to both Shackleford Banks and Carrot Island and Fort Macon.

BTW, my first car was a '79 Supra and my second was an '83.
Most of that footage was from harkers island and the rest, I just took off from the boat, the winds were 15-20 mph and I dont know if I trust the mavic enough yet for those kind of wind speeds. My first car was a 89 supra turbo, i was stupid and wrecked it though. :(

The only thing with high winds is you just have to remember battery levels and RTH so you don't get stuck downwind when the battery starts to drain rapidly. I have flown around the house in some high winds just to see what the Mavic will do and I was really surprised how well it performed. We went down to Ft. Fisher to the Basin a few weeks ago and the wind was probably around 20 to 30 and I didn't hesitate to put it up. I just need to get off my butt and share the footage with the forum.

My '83 I had to sell when I got married, but for 3 years it was a great car! My brother had a '93 which was pretty sweet.

Reactions: Toyosupraandy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31