DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

most amazing MA2 video I've seen so far

It is all about video editing and planning the shots. I am sure there was plenty and then putting all together.
They did an excellent job. Plus keeping it under 5 minutes.

very nice video, its better to strive 10% of that... for my own sanity.. lol

I thought we all watch this video a thousand times waiting on preorder...? maybe it was just me..
I was looking constantly for anything MA2 and only recently saw it...that's what surprised me, that the release date was so long ago and I had never seen it before.

I've watched countless youtube vids on MA2 starting before I even got mine.
I just stumbled across this one and was blown away (even if it is an ad for DJI)...I also didn't know that this channel existed so I wasn't subscribed.
Maybe this is all just a coincidence for me and you all know about it but wanted to share just in case you haven't seen it....if you have well then shame on you for not telling me ?
I saw this video when it first came out and liked it. Obviously, he's been paying attention to Sam Kolder videos regarding transitions from one scene to another.

That was an awesome video, makes me want to bust out the MP2 or the Skydio2 that spend way too much time in their cases. Thanks for the post! Cheers!

No lockdown there then? We couldn't leave the house for weeks.
(Great vid mind)
I could tell most of that was filmed in Arizona. That is where I live (Scottsdale). No lock down. We have too much open space just right outside our cities. Most restaurants, bars, movie theaters, gyms and the like are closed though. Of course it is a tad hot this week! Too hot for me to risk flying for now. It's about 10 - 15 degrees cooler here in North Scottsdale than Phoenix (Sky Harbor Airport ) where they take temps regarding to Phoenix. Screenshot_20200801-092359_Weather.jpg

Where is it. Please post the youtube link

Where is it. Please post the youtube link
When doing a hotlink, perhaps changing the color of the link so readers will *KNOW* it is a hot link. Most programs will make a hit link a dark blue, but apparently the writers of this blog program didn't do that. (Maybe the mods can do it? I don't know.)

Reactions: waltermitty
When doing a hotlink, perhaps changing the color of the link so readers will *KNOW* it is a hot link. Most programs will make a hit link a dark blue, but apparently the writers of this blog program didn't do that. (Maybe the mods can do it? I don't know.)

good tip. yes, I usually try to enlarge the font and bold the hot linked words, myself

A lesson for video editors...see how quick the cuts are? Plus I see a lot of editing effects like zoom transitions, rotations etc. that aren't done by the drone but are done in post. A nice quick tempo for the action and a few segments of slow down for a reveal. Well done and keeps the viewer's interest.

But is the overall footage, especially the moving shots, sped up?

How long can the MA2 fly at full tilt. But it seems faster, especially there was one shot where it was pointing down at an island and climbing rapidly. Probably faster than the drone can climb, especially pretty high up, subject to faster winds?

One of the most impressive shots is that it flies over a ridge with some people on it and as it flies by the people the gimbal rotates smoothly to keep focused on the people. Again it's moving very fast.

That is either great dexterity in flying it while rotating the gimbal at the same time (maybe with the touch screen dragging it?) at that speed or it was recorded fairly slowly and then sped up in post.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98