DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Most efficient way to fly(like MPG on a car)Mavic 2 Pro

offtheback

Reactions
What speed is the most efficient for flying time?For instance,when getting a drone back to takeoff spot when you've ignored low battery warning.

The best possible technique to use here is to return to home without ignoring low battery warning.

You can do estimations by looking at your distance from home point and make your own calculations (same distance to return), but you can be bit by longer return times when you hit a head wind (or anything else that uses more battery, such as avoiding an obstacle or dive-bombing bird) and find the aircraft landing very far from HP when it force lands at critical low battery levels.

So I've learned to not put myself in that situation. Thankfully, we have TWO levels of low-battery warnings that keep me from doing that.

Chris

The best possible technique to use here is to return to home without ignoring low battery warning.

You can do estimations by looking at your distance from home point and make your own calculations (same distance to return), but you can be bit by longer return times when you hit a head wind (or anything else that uses more battery, such as avoiding an obstacle or dive-bombing bird) and find the aircraft landing very far from HP when it force lands at critical low battery levels.

So I've learned to not put myself in that situation. Thankfully, we have TWO levels of low-battery warnings that keep me from doing that.

Chris
Thanks Chris.I don't ignore it but was curious as to what the most efficient speed is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dansity