DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Most Logged Flight Time/Distance/flights so far?

Since Xmas.<br />So good to fly. Great piece of engineering.<br />No problems except one battery was DOA. Still waiting for RMA.<br />
studio_20170113_064259-png.4027

What process are you going through about battery . I also have a dead one and they asked me to make a quick video . I'm wondering what will happen next . Do I need to send it back

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app
Battery still on its way back for assessment. I believed it's going to be exchanged. The good thing is I only had to send the battery, so I still can fly.
Didn't need video just fill form for return.

Last edited:
That is only about 44 mph. Just a bit of tail wind.

This is my lowly mavic score.
Compared to others it's poor I know. I do use a different login for my Phantoms so hence the lowly pilot level on this username. Weather here has been crap but I did manage to bring it from Europe to the USA this Christmas. The ability to throw it in my cabin bag is the true wonder of the mavic. If you think 44 mph is witchcraft check the top speed. This is how fast you can free fall after emergency stop at altitude, followed by recovering and a brown stain in my pants...
sometimes I like to push my piloting skills hard :). Note was done in the middle of the ocean off a boat and not breaking any local laws. I always keep it under 400 where the law says so. Just in case anyone thinks otherwise.
Edit to say the free fall speed was my Phantom 3!!

Fly safe... :)

Attachments

• IMG_0079.JPG
    IMG_0079.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
So how did that work. Did you issue the CSC command to kill the props. Then after a period of free fall, do the same again to tell the IRU to start the motors and recover? If so I am inpressed the DJI drones are capable of this.

Tin foil hat thinking - but is the FAA going to tap these records and hand out $10,000 fines for every time someone may have fractured a law flying thousands of feet out of LOS, altitude, airspace or over buildings and crowds? I felt funny the last time I uploaded my data to the cloud in DJI China-land.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Tin foil hat thinking - but is the FAA going to tap these records and hand out $10,000 fines for every time someone may have fractured a law flying thousands of feet out of LOS, altitude, airspace or over buildings and crowds? I felt funny the last time I uploaded my data to the cloud in DJI China-land.

...and before the Mr. Perfects start replying- I'm not talking about blatantly stupid stuff.

If the FAA had jurisdiction in Europe, it's possible but unlikely...
However they don't. So if anyone had gone to 401 feet shame on them... of course nobody here ever has done 31 in a 30 zone either.

Re the terminal velocity of a phantom being fast..
My old faithful p3 had come to the end of its life. I'd seen my friends recover from an upside down wobble so I thought if I killed the sticks at 400 over the sea, let her drop and try manual restart it'd just go splash and have a sea burial, but I was wrong. By sheer chance it corrected and it got to live another six months until it failed up in the mountains when we were skiing at serious altitude. It still legally was no more than 400 feet altitude above the ground which it took off which was top of the piste.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

So how did that work. Did you issue the CSC command to kill the props. Then after a period of free fall, do the same again to tell the IRU to start the motors and recover? If so I am inpressed the DJI drones are capable of this.

Exactly, pure chance that it corrected, maybe not, only tried once when as said above it had come to its end of useful life, becoming problematic and was supposed to die at sea... it did recover from dead stick move to upright on restarting motors. Phantom 3 is a mighty drone.... Mavic being babied at moment.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet