Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Most reliable DJI drone?

MPP
407 flights
406 miles
95 hours air time
has been totally reliable no battery issues

Ma1, in my opinion. MP1 gimbal is just a sensitive wreck. I had both. I think battery swelling is just some thing you live with.

Manufacturing and supply chains can be a tricky biz. Some decisions (while appearing minor) can often mean the difference between long term reliability and a glitch-prone disaster. Even certain monthly manufacturing batches can be more reliable than others because a supplier cheapened a component or quality inspection wasn’t being delivered as promised.

Stuff happens and often only years later is it truly known which drones were built the best and it even might come down what year it or the batteries were made.

Manufacturing and supply chains can be a tricky biz. Some decisions (while appearing minor) can often mean the difference between long term reliability and a glitch-prone disaster. Even certain monthly manufacturing batches can be more reliable than others because a supplier cheapened a component or quality inspection wasn’t being delivered as promised.

Stuff happens and often only years later is it truly known which drones were built the best and it even might come down what year it or the batteries were made.
i agree with you to a point anything that is made on a large scale has the potential to suffer from production issues and a breakdown in quality control we as the consumer can only speak from our own experiences with a particular item and base our opinions on that

Based on a collection of anecdotal evidence compiled in my addled brain I would say they are all very similar after a year or so of being on the market. The one definitive observation I can make is that most of the models seem to have more problems when they first come out and for the first year or so of sales. Based on feedback from customers and returns, DJI improves the products via manufacturing improvements and firmware updates during this time.

Last edited:
I would say it's the Mavic Pro. My Fly More bundle is from December 16 and there was never any problem with it. Still flying the original three batteries with about 140 cycles each. At least 585 flights and 113h airtime.

Reactions: lannes
Based on a collection of anecdotal evidence compiled in my addled brain I would say they are all very similar after a year or so of being on the market. The one definitive observation I can make is that most of the models seem to have more problems when they first come out and for the first year or so of sales. Based on feedback from customers and returns, DJI improves the products via manufacturing improvements and firmware updates during this time.

I completely agree with that..

I agree my MPP is a beast. I had it out in 30mph wind gusts the other night to catch a shot I was after for a while and it handled it flawlessly.

Can we update this to include the Mavic Mini (MM) and the Mini 2 (M2)?

Maybe we can put up a ranking table here from least to most problems/issues for easier reference and guidance.

?

The only issue I have with the MA1 is that strange controller calibration beeping issue. Outside of that no problems so far.
Someone on the forum mentioned that he cycles the the sticks and the wheel before starting the controller. That trick has worked for me and I'm very thankful for learning it. I just wish I knew who to thank. If i forget and it beeps I just turn if off and cycle the sticks and restart. It has never failed to prevent the beeping.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
susnzhe