DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

motor error at startup

redserv

Reactions
Hi guys, Intermittantly i get a random motor error when i first power my drone on the ground. It wont happen all the time but randomly where i will start up and it shuts off, bam!! motor error. Has anyone experienced this with there MPP? before i take off i would also unfold the blades to help with this. should i be concern that my motors could be worn out? However once in the air it works normal with no issues. Can someone help me with this? thanks in advance.

That is weird. I personally never experienced any problems when I Hade the MP. It’s obviously sensing something. When it shuts off will it restart again as normal.

That is weird. I personally never experienced any problems when I Hade the MP. It’s obviously sensing something. When it shuts off will restart again as normal.
Yea only on start up it happens randomly. But once I restart no problems. Today I was lucky to observe the right back arm started slower than the rest and popped the motor error. I am not sure how to start troubleshooting this.

If one is starting slower than the others then yes you have a motor start to go out.

Yea I think I will have to look a little closer when I am starting up from now on. See if I pick anything up or it was just coincidence.

Are any of the props loose on the motor and do the motors move freely when you spin them.

I would be careful flying it.
Yea definitely will have to take this into consideration. It has been happening for sometime now and I chose to ignore it. As I said once I restart the bird fly's like normal

Are any of the props loose on the motor and do the motors move freely when you spin them.
from what I can tell the motors spins freely again the only thing different is I am using MAS props. But it did happen with the original DJI props so. I ruled the props out

Redserv, I have a MPP and have recently noticed the same thing with random aborted take offs where the drone shuts down. Message I get is check propellers. Issue started about two weeks ago when I put on some MAS props...about 3-4 flights into using them. I removed them and put the original dji props back on and after a few flights it did the the same motor shut off thing. I thought it might be an issue with the gain and put all 3 areas to 100. I have been trying to recreate the problem but it hasn't happened in the last 10 or so flights. I looked at the flight telemetry data but don't know what to look for as there is so much there including IMU, Motor current,motor power......did you get things figured out?

Redserv, I have a MPP and have recently noticed the same thing with random aborted take offs where the drone shuts down. Message I get is check propellers. Issue started about two weeks ago when I put on some MAS props...about 3-4 flights into using them. I removed them and put the original dji props back on and after a few flights it did the the same motor shut off thing. I thought it might be an issue with the gain and put all 3 areas to 100. I have been trying to recreate the problem but it hasn't happened in the last 10 or so flights. I looked at the flight telemetry data but don't know what to look for as there is so much there including IMU, Motor current,motor power......did you get things figured out?
nope haven't had the problem since, i will try puting my gain to 100 and see if this fixes it.

I had this issue and no my drone doesn’t fly. I get a esc, no motor error #1 and heavy EMF readings. Get it fixed ASAP. I recomend finding the trouble motor and replacing the whole arm

I had this issue and no my drone doesn’t fly. I get a esc, no motor error #1 and heavy EMF readings. Get it fixed ASAP. I recomend finding the trouble motor and replacing the whole arm
Thank you my friend. I will look into ordering the arm and probably replace it. Just to be clear are you saying that your drone was never repaired?

Thank you my friend. I will look into ordering the arm and probably replace it. Just to be clear are you saying that your drone was never repaired?
Yeah mate never got mine fixed I’m gonna replace the arm for £13 but I suspect it’s the main board which is abt 75

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty