DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motor Speed Warning -Mini

bacnine

Reactions
I have had my Mini about a month 1/2. Yesterday evening I started to fly and I received the "Motor Speed Warning". I landed my Mine and changed the blades and screws. This is the 2nd time that I have had to replace the blades on the same motor (left rear motor). Per instruction I am supposed to throw away the blades and screws. They seem fine to me. Is this normal to have the Motor Speed Warning. Twice within a month and a half.

Reactions: Alexprecept
I have had my Mini about a month 1/2. Yesterday evening I started to fly and I received the "Motor Speed Warning". I landed my Mine and changed the blades and screws. This is the 2nd time that I have had to replace the blades on the same motor (left rear motor). Per instruction I am supposed to throw away the blades and screws. They seem fine to me. Is this normal to have the Motor Speed Warning. Twice within a month and a half.
Welcome to Mavic pilots, Bacnine !!!! This is a good place to find answers. You can do a "search" at the top of the page. The new blades come with new screws so you might as well use the new screws with loctite on them. I've reused screws successfully several times. Sounds like you got some bad blades. I've never seen that warning before.

Hi Bacnine,
I got three motor speed errors(three differnt motors) on my very first outing and did a lot of blade changing. I lost one blade, during a change, when I used the original screw instead of the replacement screws with the loctite. I am glad that happened on the ground and not inflight! There can be several causes for the blades needing to be replaced. One of the common ones is warping the blade out of shape by not storing them in the position recommended by DJI in the Flymore case. Apparently the blades are easy to misshape if you apply pressure to them over time such as sitting in the case. Fortunately blades are not very expensive in relation to losing a drone! I was locking my blades down in the X postion (DJI recommends the "I" position which is directly across the body from each other) with a rubber band which likely caused the warping. I have not been getting motor speed errors since I changed the storage method to the one recommended by DJI.

I'm having the same issue

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom