DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

motor speeds up when catching in mid air.

pilot1

Reactions
Which sensor do I disable to prevent the motors from reving up when I want to catch the Mavic in air instead of landing on the ground?

Thank you in advance!!!

DJI-GO-Landing-Protection.jpg

Reactions: dewster
Which sensor do I disable to prevent the motors from reving up when I want to catch the Mavic in air instead of landing on the ground?

Thank you in advance!!!

I've only caught mine once, but tried lifting it gently when I made contact. The motors remained calm until I shut them down holding left stick back for a few seconds. Supported my theory that drone is trying to hold position and resists you moving it. I disabled no sensors.

I only ever land my Mavic gently on my hand and then hold the left stick down to turn off the rotors. I never grab my drone or move the hand that it has landed on until the motors have stopped. If you move that hand at all the drone will try to hold position, or fight you, as some people have described it. That is how sensitive the gyro and IMU are on our drones.

Reactions: frank candor
I only ever land my Mavic gently on my hand and then hold the left stick down to turn off the rotors. I never grab my drone or move the hand that it has landed on until the motors have stopped. If you move that hand at all the drone will try to hold position, or fight you, as some people have described it. That is how sensitive the gyro and IMU are on our drones.
if you quickly turn it over the motors stop

Done it twice. Surprised how easy it was. Much better than landing on grass. When you have white props, you see green stains after it cuts the grass.
Let it hover at eye level, gently place right hand under it, and use left hand to hold left joystick down till motor stops.

Hey Kids,
i'm too much of a luddite to play with settings as i land, for 11 months now,.. i hold my palm out flat,..let drone land in hand, it "bounces" 6'' ,...then settles on palm (throttle down)and the motors shut down, easy!

That is how sensitive the gyro and IMU are on our drones.
yup very sensitive,i started the props on my spark inside while holding it and the props simply idled but raised it one inch and the motors went full speed,perky little burger:)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM