DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motors max out at half throttle

tkdrone

Reactions
I hope I am posting this question to the correct group. My motors stop increasing rpm at half throttle. I have measured the input and output of my esc using my oscilloscope. I can see the input of my esc continues to increase but the motor stop increasing at half throttle. I bought my esc's off of amazon for $9.99. The name of the esc is FLY RC 30A ESC RC MOTOR BRUSHLESS SPEED CONTROLLER. This particular esc cannot be calibrated. Am i doing something wrong or are the esc's bad. Here is some details:
Motor: emax cf2822 1200kv
Battery: LiPo 2800mAh 11.1v 3s 100c 31.08Wh

Thanks for any assistance you can provide,
tom

Which model drone are you flying?

This doesn't sound like a Mavic drone at all, instead like something totally home built or a "Frankenstein" DJI drone.

This forum is all about the DJI Mavic series of photo drones, but even though some member here maybe can guide you, consider to post this in the "FPV Drone Pilots" sub forum instead, there you might get more lucky.

Here you have the section --> FPVDronePilots

Last edited:
You mention you used your scope to measure the input and output of the ESC, does the output reach full battery voltage?

Reactions: Cafguy
I am Curious as to what the project is myself ! I would take a stab at it -BUT as slup has stated the FPV Pilots forum may be a better option. I myself discuss FPV drones on this forum and a few more also- BUT for more extensive conversations on your problem you should post this question there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas