DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motors will not come on

Rocket City

Reactions
My maverick pro motors will not start. It flew fine yesterday it flew fine today until I changed the 1st battery. while shooting a real estate property it was working until I change batteries then it would not start back up. The camera would go up and down when it’s on the ground and it will take pictures but the motors will not start. Just a little frustrated !!! Now I just got back from Northern Virginia and I had it with me now I’m back in Alabama should I recalibrate the IMU ?? I calibrated the compass but I haven’t calibrated the IMU and I reconnected my controller that was my first problem is it wouldn’t connect to the controller all of a sudden but I got that taken care of I just can’t get the motors to start so I can fly . any suggestions on what to do or what it could be. Please please help. I just started my aerial photography business And have 5 photo shoots this week and didn’t even get to finish the first one today please help thank you

Last edited:
The only time my M1P would not start up, was when I tested it next to our local major airport boundary fence, just to see it the geo fencing worked as it should.
It did work, app and connection all fine, gimbal / camera worked etc, just the motors would not start . . .

But I got plenty of helpful warnings on the screen to that effect it was a no fly zone, so I don't think that is you problem.
If you were at the same location that would not be it anyway, and you'd already flown a battery.

I don't have a clue as to why it won't start up, and I don't think a flight log is created until motors start, so that's no help.

Hope someone else can provide some insight into it for you.

What warning messages, if any, did you get? If the App works in the same way as with other models it might show messages in the replay of the flight in the me or profile section at the front of the app.
Failing that, post your txt flightlog here.
See
DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
or
for instructions on how to obtain the logs.

The only time my M1P would not start up, was when I tested it next to our local major airport boundary fence, just to see it the geo fencing worked as it should.
It did work, app and connection all fine, gimbal / camera worked etc, just the motors would not start . . .

But I got plenty of helpful warnings on the screen to that effect it was a no fly zone, so I don't think that is you problem.
If you were at the same location that would not be it anyway, and you'd already flown a battery.

I don't have a clue as to why it won't start up, and I don't think a flight log is created until motors start, so that's no help.

Hope someone else can provide some insight into it for you.
Thanks for the reply !! Well no warning msgs but on the controller it self I did see a NFZ limit but I checked kiddy hawk b4 I went to and when I got to job site and it was a class G area but like 3 miles down the road was Redstone Arsenal Military base with R zones . It also is doing the same thing at home about 5 miles away . ( The NFZ limit ) isn't a no fly zone it's just DJI wonting you to except Responsibility for your flight at least that's what I found it to mean

Last edited:
What warning messages, if any, did you get? If the App works in the same way as with other models it might show messages in the replay of the flight in the me or profile section at the front of the app.
See
or
The only thing I did see was on controller it self was NFZ Area 2 times but when Checked on kiddy hawk there was no NFZ it was a class G area .Witch I didn't get over 100ft the 1st flight /battery . Just remember I had just flown for 25min and landed to change battery's and at that time the motors quite working .. So I just cleared out sim card if that doesn't do it going to recalibrate IMU because I did just get back from Northern VA .. Will see what this does . I deleted all flight logs due to when in forum someone said that could be it but I might have backed them up b4 I deleted them not sure was Upset when I got home last night

See
or
Thanks for the reply !! Well no warning msgs but on the controller it self I did see a NFZ error but I checked kiddy hawk b4 I went to and when I got to job site and it was a class G area but like 3 miles down the road was Redstone Arsenal Military base with R zones . It also is doing the same thing at home about 5 miles away

I deleted all flight logs due to when in forum someone said that could be it but
Where did you see that?
NEVER EVER delete logs from the phone unless you have them backed up to an external memory of some sort. Murphy's/ Sod's law dictates that it is almost inevitable that you will want a log as soon as you delete it.
I know corrupted or perhaps unusual files on the drone's memory card can cause problems at boot but I have not seen mention of flightlogs causing problems.

Where did you see that?
NEVER EVER delete logs from the phone unless you have them backed up to an external memory of some sort. Murphy's/ Sod's law dictates that it is almost inevitable that you will want a log as soon as you delete it.
I know corrupted or perhaps unusual files on the drone's memory card can cause problems at boot but I have not seen mention of flightlogs causing problems.
I 1st backed up all logs in my iCloud .. It was in a forum don't remember witch one

Last edited:
My maverick pro motors will not start. It flew fine yesterday it flew fine today until I changed the 1st battery. while shooting a real estate property it was working until I change batteries then it would not start back up. The camera would go up and down when it’s on the ground and it will take pictures but the motors will not start. Just a little frustrated !!! Now I just got back from Northern Virginia and I had it with me now I’m back in Alabama should I recalibrate the IMU ?? I calibrated the compass but I haven’t calibrated the IMU and I reconnected my controller that was my first problem is it wouldn’t connect to the controller all of a sudden but I got that taken care of I just can’t get the motors to start so I can fly . any suggestions on what to do or what it could be. Please please help. I just started my aerial photography business And have 5 photo shoots this week and didn’t even get to finish the first one today please help thank you
Hard to tell, but one of the mistakes many new pilots make is NOT being logged into their DJI Account and experiencing DJI's "geofencing" issues or even when in restricted airspace - even with a code. I am always logged into my DJI account for such issues. If not, then the drone will not fly - period - like you found out.

Highly recommend if not already watching many YouTube videos on your drone. Best way to get past many of the newbie errors and not encounter what you did. BTW - most of us us have been there, done that - part of the learning curve.

IMU and such has nothing to do with the motors not starting. Not saying don't calibrate, but that won't fix the issue at hand.

If you are inside a restricted or no fly zone - without proper authorization from the applicable authorities and the code to UNLOCK the drone via logged into your DJI Account - you won't fly a DJI drone in that airspace. Sometimes even just being close to the border of the zone creates issues and none of the apps are super great on identifying it that I've found.

Depending on your setup, which we don't know at this point - is to log into your DJI account and leave it logged in via phone or computer. Best with your phone as it will probably be with you on sight. Esp if using a tablet that has no cell service and needing to login a code or accepting the responsibility to fly in a "geofenced" area or restricted zone.

Hard to tell, but one of the mistakes many new pilots make is NOT being logged into their DJI Account and experiencing DJI's "geofencing" issues or even when in restricted airspace - even with a code. I am always logged into my DJI account for such issues. If not, then the drone will not fly - period - like you found out.

Highly recommend if not already watching many YouTube videos on your drone. Best way to get past many of the newbie errors and not encounter what you did. BTW - most of us us have been there, done that - part of the learning curve.

IMU and such has nothing to do with the motors not starting. Not saying don't calibrate, but that won't fix the issue at hand.

If you are inside a restricted or no fly zone - without proper authorization from the applicable authorities and the code to UNLOCK the drone via logged into your DJI Account - you won't fly a DJI drone in that airspace. Sometimes even just being close to the border of the zone creates issues and none of the apps are super great on identifying it that I've found.

Depending on your setup, which we don't know at this point - is to log into your DJI account and leave it logged in via phone or computer. Best with your phone as it will probably be with you on sight. Esp if using a tablet that has no cell service and needing to login a code or accepting the responsibility to fly in a "geofenced" area or restricted zone.
OK need your help !! I have a Mavic pro and had a friend hack it and rewrite the firmware to not have all the warning 's come up and not have to get approval via DJI to fly in class b,c,d or e flight zones anyway .. I just got it back from him and took it out to test it out and all went well everything worked it would do all the above thing's I mentioned and would fly Faster (48mph ) would also come down ALOT faster to avoid helicopters lol and get away from BIRDS lol .Any way 1st day I flew using up 4 batteries .. second day i used 1 battery flew just fine while doing a realestate shoot but when i went to use a 2nd battery it would not start so i checked the camera it would go up and down also would take pictures and videos but when pulling down and in on joysticks to start motors it would not start up need help what do I need to do what do you suggest ?
here is my company email address if you would like to reply there so I don't miss your reply ([email protected]) thanks Welz p.s was in class g airspace on jobsite and same for when I came home and still the motors would not start also I'm not a complete newbie I've been flying for 2 years I have mavic pro and the inspire 1 just to give you some background on me but still learning everyday LOL but could use any help and advice you can give me

Reactions: gope_73

OK need your help !! I have a Mavic pro and had a friend hack it and rewrite the firmware to not have all the warning 's come up and not have to get approval via DJI to fly in class b,c,d or e flight zones anyway .. I just got it back from him and took it out to test it out and all went well everything worked it would do all the above thing's I mentioned and would fly Faster (48mph ) would also come down ALOT faster to avoid helicopters lol and get away from BIRDS lol .Any way 1st day I flew using up 4 batteries .. second day i used 1 battery flew just fine while doing a realestate shoot but when i went to use a 2nd battery it would not start so i checked the camera it would go up and down also would take pictures and videos but when pulling down and in on joysticks to start motors it would not start up need help what do i need to do what do you suggest ?
here is my company email address if you would like to reply there so i don't miss your reply ([email protected]) thanks Welz

Only one response I can think of: RUN AWAY! o_O

Give it back to your friend and let them fix it.

BTW I doubt you can out dive a bird, out climb them? possibly but out dive them .......I don't think so.

Give it back to your friend and let them fix it.

BTW I doubt you can out dive a bird, out climb them? possibly but out dive them .......I don't think so.
YES I can I had the a friend rewrite the firmware for my Mavic . I wonted to be able to drop down fast to get out off the way of Military's Helicopters if needed and get away from birds. .It's enough for them to not mess with me anymore .. Tell you what as soon as I get it working again I will shoot you a video .. What's your email address ??
P.S Remember we can fly up to 100 mph per FAA not that it's that fast but does the job. This way I stay safe if that was to come about instead going up and over 400 ft are flight deck.. I hear you on sending it back to my friend but I'm in Huntsville ,Alabama and his on the DC/VA line so like $90 round trip to send drone and when he has time to get to it so I'd rather not !!

Last edited:
OK need your help !! I have a Mavic pro and had a friend hack it and rewrite the firmware to not have all the warning 's come up and not have to get approval via DJI to fly in class b,c,d or e flight zones anyway .. I just got it back from him and took it out to test it out and all went well everything worked it would do all the above thing's I mentioned and would fly Faster (48mph ) would also come down ALOT faster to avoid helicopters lol and get away from BIRDS lol .Any way 1st day I flew using up 4 batteries .. second day i used 1 battery flew just fine while doing a realestate shoot but when i went to use a 2nd battery it would not start so i checked the camera it would go up and down also would take pictures and videos but when pulling down and in on joysticks to start motors it would not start up need help what do i need to do what do you suggest ?
here is my company email address if you would like to reply there so i don't miss your reply ([email protected]) thanks Welz

Brother I figured out what it was !!! A glitch in the DJI go 4 app !! All I did was uninstall and reinstall it and works just fine at this point . How I found out was I was about to call DJI support for help so I hooked everything up so I was ready . I looked over at my controller to see what it was saying and it said Ready to Fly so I tried to start Motors and they fired right up !! I was like WTF ! So looked over at my tablet and noticed it was on the Litchi app so hmm I turned it all off and tried again via DJI go 4 app and it like in 2sec went back to Litchi app . So tried again to start motors and they fired rt up .So that told me the dji app wasnt working right and my tablet moved rt to other app that was working wright .. deleted go 4 app reinstalled it and motors fired wright up !!! Weird
f
gh

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78