DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mount for Nexus 7 2013???

MavicNewbie

Reactions
Hello everyone! I'm new to the Mavic and I gotta say I'm loving every second flying this thing. But I have one question. As the title states. Is there a mount that will fit the 4.49" width of the tablet? Every mount if tried is too wide and my tablet just falls out (even with case on). I know the tablet will fit into the controller, but I'm not a fan of doing that. Any links to products or ideas welcome.

Thanks!!!

Ps. I searched and searched and couldn't find any threads on Nexus 7 mounts. [emoji1]

Last edited:
They all claim to collapse down to 4". Is that not the case?

This is crazy, I've tried all of those (except Hooshion) they all are too big. Its like no one makes anything for the Nexus 7. I cant even find a decent sunshade. I'll try the Hooshion. Hoping it will work. Thank you for the recommendations.
I just ordered a MavMount for my Nexus 7 2013 yesterday after corresponding with the owner/creator (who is here on MavicPilots as well).

Unfortunately, the Nexus 7 is right on the bubble of his available mounts at 114mm. One goes up to 115mm, the other starts at 112mm and goes up from there, so my conflict is whether to buy a mount that's stretched to its limit or get the one that barely breaks a sweat but might not be developing enough spring tension to hold it firmly in place.

My 'solution' was to get both mounts; the second one is only $10 and doesn't add to shipping cost. So I can try both to see which is better and then have a spare for either a larger or smaller tablet later on if needed.

Finding a good sunshade for the N7 is a pain in the butt and I have yet to do so.

Reactions: MavicNewbie
Last edited:
I just ordered a MavMount for my Nexus 7 2013 yesterday after corresponding with the owner/creator (who is here on MavicPilots as well).

Unfortunately, the Nexus 7 is right on the bubble of his available mounts at 114mm. One goes up to 115mm, the other starts at 112mm and goes up from there, so my conflict is whether to buy a mount that's stretched to its limit or get the one that barely breaks a sweat but might not be developing enough spring tension to hold it firmly in place.

My 'solution' was to get both mounts; the second one is only $10 and doesn't add to shipping cost. So I can try both to see which is better and then have a spare for either a larger or smaller tablet later on if needed.

Finding a good sunshade for the N7 is a pain in the butt and I have yet to do so.
Hope you can update on which works best. Thanks!

Hope you can update on which works best. Thanks!
I assume one of them will work; after I receive the MavMount I'll do my best to remember to come back here and update - feel free to PM me in a few days if I forget.

Reactions: MavicNewbie
It will fit in the arms, you don't have to force it right up to the controller (though you can by using the slots) - just grip the corners.

I know. I stated that in my original post. But that is something that I just don't want to do. I'd rather have my tablet in a mount.

It will fit in the arms, you don't have to force it right up to the controller (though you can by using the slots) - just grip the corners.
That's how I've been using my Nexus 7, but I spend too much of my attention holding on to it and trying not to drop it, so the MavMount's better balance, grip and lanyard will solve that problem.

For those who might care, on my third try I finally found a *good* USB right-angle cable for this configuration: Amazon.com: RAYSUN 2 Packs 90 Degree Micro USB Male to USB 2.0 A Male - Right & Left Angle Each 1pc (2 Pack 90 Degree Micro USB M- USB M): Computers & Accessories

This is a 2-pack with both orientations of the right-angle connector; I found that pointing it down was more comfortable. It's heavy-duty, well-made and just the perfect length:

Reactions: JoostGT3
So I ended up going with this. Not perfect. But perfect for me!

Drone Fans Mavic Pro Spark Remote Controller 7.9in 9.7in Tablet Support Bracket Tablet Clamp with Dual Rings Won't Block Screen Amazon.com: Drone Fans Mavic Pro Spark Remote Controller 7.9in 9.7in Tablet Support Bracket Tablet Clamp with Dual Rings Won't Block Screen: Toys & Games
2e342a0d56d1f4e6646deec526db0f60.jpg
d1fb5df68e3eb6835dacb78fc2e7011f.jpg

Reactions: JoostGT3
Just to update everyone. I ended up returning the mount that I posted above and just bought the Mavmount with the iPad Mini clamp. I just put a case on my Nexus 7 to add some thickness and now it works perfectly. To be honest I didn't want to spend so much on a tablet mount. But gotta say, it was worth every penny.20170729_142747.jpg 20170729_142805.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karthikeyan103